cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVS check doesn't work in test

I am having trouble getting back a valid response for an AVS check against the test server

Here is what I am sending

https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll?x_login=MYLOGINHERE&x_tran_key=MYTRANKEYHERE&x_versi... &x_last_name=Maxwell&x_card_num=6011000995500000&x_exp_date=1212&x_card_code=596&x_address=1 Main Street&x_city=Redmond&x_state=WA&x_zip=46217&x_phone=&x_email=

I am passing 46217 expecting to get  an error

Zip code:  46217 ( expect this response: Z - Address: No Match ZIP Code: Match ) - end up getting P instead

Card code:  tried both 900 and 901.  Neither returned a value (expecting M or N)

But I get

AvsResponse : P

which means AVS not applicable for this transaction

Here is the response string

1|1|1|(TESTMODE) This transaction has been approved.|000000|P|0|100||1.00||auth_only||Taylor|Maxwell|||||||||||||||||||||||CFC219F50D6AB0D2616F2ADE1F3853E5||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

itaylorm
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Note that you need to be in live mode through your website (x_test_request=FALSE) and your Authorize.Net gateway account like what RaynorC1emen7 mentioned passing x_test_request=FALSE will not override the gateway settings.

To do this please log into your Merchant Interface , you will see a red banner on top (ACCOUNT IS IN TEST MODE - REAL TRANSACTIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED) and click on the Test Mode link to turn test OFF.

Thanks,

Joy

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AVS is done at the merchant level, which means it requires a real credit card transaction. Since developer accounts do not process real credit card transactions, just simulate them, AVS is not going to be applicable. See this for info on how to generate errors for testing purposes:

http://www.authorize.net/files/ErrorGenerationGuide.pdf

TJPride
Expert

Thanks for your response.

I tried the document and tried x_zip=46201 and also x_zip=46205 as the zip code to trigger a no zip code match

I still get the error AVS not applicable for this transaction

The credit card I am using is :4222222222222

1|1|1|(TESTMODE) This transaction has been approved.|000000|P|0|100||1.00||auth_only||Taylor|Maxwell||1234 Street|Redmond|WA|46205||||||||||||||||||CFC219F50D6AB0D2616F2ADE1F3853E5|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Are you using test mode or live mode? Test mode is unnecessary if you're using a developer account.

I have tried this without setting test mode

Same issue

Did you send with  x_test_request=FALSE 

Without it, it will use your test account setting.

And the AVS testing need testMode to be off.

I tried that. No luck. The result says I am in TESTMODE. any idea if that is affecting it?

x_login=LOGIN&x_tran_key=TRAN&x_version=3.1&x_method=AUTH_ONLY&x_delim_data=true&x_delim_char=|&x_amount=1&x_type=AUTH_ONLY&x_trans_id=&x_invoice_num=100&x_test_request=FALSE&x_first_name=Taylor &x_last_name=Maxwell&x_card_num=4012888888881881&x_exp_date=0115&recurring_billing=FALSE&x_card_code=123&x_address=1234 Street&x_city=Redmond&x_state=WA&x_zip=46205&x_phone=&x_email=

RESULT

1|1|1|(TESTMODE) This transaction has been approved.|000000|P|0|100||1.00|CC|auth_only||Taylor|Maxwell||1234 Street|Redmond|WA|46205||||||||||||||||||CFC219F50D6AB0D2616F2ADE1F3853E5|||||||||||||XXXX1881|Visa|||||||||||||||||FALSE

I just try it. Yep the x_test_request didn't override the testmode setting. So you will need to change it on the test merchant account.

And you might want to include x_relay_response=FALSE for AIM.

Hi,

Note that you need to be in live mode through your website (x_test_request=FALSE) and your Authorize.Net gateway account like what RaynorC1emen7 mentioned passing x_test_request=FALSE will not override the gateway settings.

To do this please log into your Merchant Interface , you will see a red banner on top (ACCOUNT IS IN TEST MODE - REAL TRANSACTIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED) and click on the Test Mode link to turn test OFF.

Thanks,

Joy