cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVS with accept hosted

Hi All,

We are using AVS response code from the authorize.net

But I am not sure whether this will work or not if I use below configuration for accept hosted payment form mechanism

setting6.setSettingName("hostedPaymentBillingAddressOptions");
setting6.setSettingValue("{\"show\": false, \"required\":true}");

We dont want billing address in hosted payment form so we set show : false.

raviparmarce88
Regular Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @raviparmarce88,

If you don't show the address on the form, no address information is sent with the transaction, and AVS won't work. To get an AVS check on the transaction, you have to show the address on the form.

You can prepopulate the address fields by sending address information in the <billTo> section of the token request.

Aaron
All Star

@Aaron

Is it fine if I only send billing info in GetAnAcceptPaymentPage api call ?

With this only is it possible to use AVS feature ?

raviparmarce88
Regular Contributor

If you send the billing info in the token call, you receive back a form token with the billing information inside of it. The address is not checked at that time, because there's nothing to check it against. There's no card information in the form token.

If you use that token to call a payment form that shows the address fields, the billing information that's embedded inside the token will be prepopulated in those address fields. But, if you use that token to call a payment form that does not show the address fields, the address information in the token will be discarded and is not sent with the transaction. Therefore, when the transaction is processed, there's nothing for AVS to check.

So, to repeat, AVS will not work with a hosted payment form unless you make the address fields visible on the form. Sending the billing info in the token request doesn't make AVS work. Only making the fields visible in the form makes AVS work.

If you'd like us to change the system so that billing information in the token is used for a transaction even if the address fields are not shown, I can definitely see the usefulness in such a scenario.

I'd encourage you to post this onto our Ideas Forum where others can take a look, contribute feedback, and vote for new features.

Thanks @Aaron

You may thinking that, this guys are really running behind us but sorry for that :)

One more question on AVS:

Is there anyway by which we can get AVS response in accept hosted payment form response ? Does it make sense ?

Note: we are passing and showing billing information on hosted payment form and on hosted form AVS working fine.

raviparmarce88
Regular Contributor

Off the top of my head, I don't believe the AVS response is available in the IFrameCommunicator response. However, it can be retrieved any time after the initial transaction takes place by doing a call to getTransactionDetails through our API. If you want to approve or deny based on AVS settings automatically, you may be better off setting up our fraud filters to do that for you.