cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accented characters passed in billing section generates XML encoding error.

I've read through a number of older posts and while there seem to be a desire to support non-standard characters in the SDK, it may not yet be ready to handle them.

Here's the situation which I had to deal with for the old AIM form/value gateway last year (contrived test case after an actual use case which ocurred) converted to an XML gateway request:

<billTo>
            <firstName>ð é ñ ç æ</firstName>
            <lastName>Center</lastName>
            <address>ð é ñ ç æ</address>
            <city>ð é ñ ç æ</city>
            <state>[removed]</state>
            <zip>[removed]</zip>
            <country>US</country>
            <phoneNumber>[removed]</phoneNumber>
        </billTo>

And here's what I get if I send it through the Java SDK:

<ErrorResponse
	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
	xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
	xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
	<messages>
		<resultCode>Error</resultCode>
		<message>
			<code>E00003</code>
			<text>Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 25, position 24.
			</text>
		</message>
	</messages>
</ErrorResponse>

Is this a bug in how I am using the SDK?   If I'm using it wrong, what should I do to encode these values correctly before calling customerAddressType.set*() methods?

If this is this a bug in the SDK, any general suggestions on how and where to fix it in my local copy of the SDK so I can submit a patch?   My charset encoding skills are pretty poor, although I did at one point eventually figure out how to fix it for the old AIM interface.

mkienenb
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Note that this appears to now be fixed in the SDK.   I no longer see this problem when running with an SDK built on 2016-04-14 (hash fc6b763dde02ddc30d8b2f65747095ae08d722d8)

View solution in original post

mkienenb
Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

Hi mkienenb,

Thank you for providing details of the issue you are getting. I have escalated this to our internal developers for review, I will make sure to let you know as soon as we have an update on this.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Note that this appears to now be fixed in the SDK.   I no longer see this problem when running with an SDK built on 2016-04-14 (hash fc6b763dde02ddc30d8b2f65747095ae08d722d8)

mkienenb
Contributor