cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accept Hosted Form - Getting email in the transaction response

I have implemented my accept hosted form so that the email field is shown and required. However it appears that the email address is not present in the iframe communicator transaction response. Is there any way I can get the email field in the iframe communicator transaction response? It would seem really shortsighted if the email field cannot be retrieved from the communicator response.

Here is an example of what the iframe communicator response looks like (you will see there is no email field present):

{
	"accountType":"Visa",
	"accountNumber":"XXXXXXXX",
	"transId":"XXXXXXXXXXX",
	"responseCode":"1",
	"authorization":"XXXXXX",
	"billTo": {
		"phoneNumber":"0000000000",
		"firstName":"test",
		"lastName":"test",
		"address":"123 test test",
	        "city":"test city",
		"state":"NY",
		"zip":"12345",
		"country":"USA"
	},
	"shipTo":{},
	"totalAmount":"5.00",
	"dateTime":"6/19/2017 12:00:00 AM"
}
ttimmons
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ttimmons,

I could try to tell you "the iframe communicator response is really meant to just give you the status of the transaction, and isn't really designed to tell you all of the details associated with it." If that were true, though, we wouldn't be sending the billTo info in the iframe communicator response. So, I'm afraid I don't really have a good answer for you other than "it doesn't do that right now".

I'd encourage you to post this onto our Ideas Forum where others can take a look, contribute feedback, and vote for new features.

View solution in original post

Aaron
All Star
1 REPLY 1

Hi @ttimmons,

I could try to tell you "the iframe communicator response is really meant to just give you the status of the transaction, and isn't really designed to tell you all of the details associated with it." If that were true, though, we wouldn't be sending the billTo info in the iframe communicator response. So, I'm afraid I don't really have a good answer for you other than "it doesn't do that right now".

I'd encourage you to post this onto our Ideas Forum where others can take a look, contribute feedback, and vote for new features.

Aaron
All Star