cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accept Hosted Recurring Billing?

Hello,

I am working on developing a new website that has a subscription based model and a one time setup fee.  We'd like to use Accept Hosted in order to only have to deal with PCI Compliance SAQ-A, but I'm having trouble finding documentation related to recurring billing within Accept Hosted.

I did review setting up Customer Profiles (http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/customer_profiles.html), which mentions recurring billing but doesn't elaborate further from what I can tell. This method appears to only give a pathway to retain the profile id and then submit one time transactions as opposed to using the built-in Authorize.net recurring billing

Is the intent here to have our system retain this information then submit one time transactions in an automatic fashion periodically?  Does retaining this profile id change anything about PCI compliance (i.e., from A to A-EP).

Thank you for your patience, I'm new to both Authorize.net and PCI Compliance, so learning as I go.

ryanshaug
12 REPLIES 12

Hello @ryanshaug

Accept Hosted does not directly support creating subscriptions, but you can meet your objectives using the following steps:

1. Use Accept Hosted to collect the initial payment
  2. If successful, use Create Customer Profile from Transaction to get a customer profile id
  3. Use Create A Subscription Using a Customer Profile

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Richard, thank you very much for your response!  I will give that a go.  I appreciate your prompt reply :)

Ryan

Hi @ryanshaug,

I just want to elaborate on what Richard said a little bit. After you go through the steps that he suggested to get the subscription started, you might start wondering what to do when the customer wants to change their card they use or when the card expires.

If you haven't already noticed on the Customer Profiles documentation, there's a set of "Accept Customer" forms that work similarly to the Accept Hosted form, but to manage customer profiles and customer payment profiles. Using those forms, you can update the information of a payment profile associated with a subscription without ever seeing the card number itself.

Will it be possible for you how to set the value of "recurringBilling" during hostedPayment

settings[x] = new settingType();
settings[x].settingName = settingNameEnum.recurringBilling.ToString();
settings[x].settingValue = "????"; 

You state:

1. Use Create A Subscription Using a Customer Profile

However, this method requires a customer payment profile. I can't find a way to create a customer payment profile from using the hosted form for a first-time client. Is there's something I'm missing?

Hi @bonifaceviii

Please check the section  PRESENTING STORED CREDIT CARDS FOR PAYMENT and the below setting 

hostedPaymentCustomerOptions {"showEmail": false, "requiredEmail": false, "addPaymentProfile": true}

showEmail and requiredEmaildetermine whether the input field for the customer's email address will be shown and/or required on the form. Both parameters are false by default.

addPaymentProfilespecifies whether to allow the customer to use the payment form to add a new form of payment to their customer profile. Applies when a customerProfileId has been sent with the token request. The default is true.

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/accept_hosted.html

Send feedback at developer_feedback@authorize.net

Hi All,

I see all the API created for Authorize.net are for PHP version 7.1 above.
I wanted API for PHP version 5.6 below.
Please give me the link.

Thanks

jobinpulse

@RichardH @Anurag So we'd have the hosted popup, make the payment, then when it completes and returns to the user's site, we then have to make a call and actually create the recurring profile? I've integrated SIM and was able to do it all at once using the API's, but we'd like to switch to a hosted solution to avoid any credit card processing on our own servers. Is there a solution with Authorize.NET that allows us to have recurring fields on the payment form hosted with Auth.NET? 

Many thanks

- Marco

Hello @marco_envision

We do not currently offer creating subscriptions using the hosted form, but you can accomplish this transparently for your users.

Please note: you may need to add a sligh delay between your initial payment and creating a profile and creating a subscription to allow data to replicate.

Richard