cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accept Hosted Token working but User authentication failing on Pay

Hello all,

I'm dealing with a strange issue in our production environment wherein I'm able to post to accept.authorize.net/payment/payment and display the hosted form properly, but when I hit "Pay" within the hosted form, I end up with the E00007 "User authentication failed due to invalid authentication values" error. I don't understand how I could get the hosted form for the production environment, yet receive this error after trying to pay. Does anybody have any ideas?

Best,

Jonathan Rasmussen

Software Developer I

College of Southern Idaho

Application & Data Architecture

jrasmussen@csi.edu

208-732-6846

jrasmussen
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
@jrasmussen

You changed the environment to production and changed your credentials to match ? Just making sure.

For your database stuff, to me it is just a waste trying to fight with iframe issues concerning responses. They may or may not be easy to correct, but webhooks are extremely easy to set up and you can get everything you need. So if you have some way to redirect them to a receipt page without running into this error, I would do that. Then just set up webhooks. I cannot fathom how many tests I have done, upwards of 1,000 and possibly quite more than that. I have never had a failed delivery. I have had 10 or so where the remote server I use for testing didn’t execute my dB update scripts. This was due to my server having puny resources and me running test after test on orders in rapid succession. When I have a large list of sample orders populated on my backend page, several hundred php scripts execute every time the page is refreshed, and that killed my entry processes allowance.

Other than those, I have had maybe 7 that took 3 minutes, 2 that took one day, possibly one or 2 that took 9 minutes to arrive, and the remaining ones get there in 3-5 seconds or less.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

It's also worth noting that the actual payment went through to the payment gateway, but the iframeResponseHandler is what failed with this error. We need to redirect the user to the custom receipt page and do some database work, which relies on the transactionResponse.

Best,

Jonathan Rasmussen.

jrasmussen
Contributor
@jrasmussen

You changed the environment to production and changed your credentials to match ? Just making sure.

For your database stuff, to me it is just a waste trying to fight with iframe issues concerning responses. They may or may not be easy to correct, but webhooks are extremely easy to set up and you can get everything you need. So if you have some way to redirect them to a receipt page without running into this error, I would do that. Then just set up webhooks. I cannot fathom how many tests I have done, upwards of 1,000 and possibly quite more than that. I have never had a failed delivery. I have had 10 or so where the remote server I use for testing didn’t execute my dB update scripts. This was due to my server having puny resources and me running test after test on orders in rapid succession. When I have a large list of sample orders populated on my backend page, several hundred php scripts execute every time the page is refreshed, and that killed my entry processes allowance.

Other than those, I have had maybe 7 that took 3 minutes, 2 that took one day, possibly one or 2 that took 9 minutes to arrive, and the remaining ones get there in 3-5 seconds or less.

Yes, I've definitely changed the environment to production. As much as I would love to use webhooks for the db related work, that isn't an option here, as we have other systems using the same merchant account for payment management. I don't have this issue on production, and it seems strange to me that I would receive an authentication-related issue due to server performance. The way I have the iframe response handler set up, the database work won't even begin until there's a successful response, so it has nothing to do with that. I do appreciate the advice though. I'll try a bit more debugging and see if there's something going wrong in my internal API for my web app.

Best,

Jonathan Rasmussen

Got you, sort of.

What is the difference between the response you get and webhooks? I’m not following that. The only difference I know is that the iframe response comes slightly faster, and the webhooks can be used to get a more complete response.

I've figured out the problem. I totally spaced out and forgot that I'm making a second call to the API during this process to get the transaction details. This means that I also had to set that API controller to production.

Regarding your question about the webhooks - we would receive notifications about payments from another system that we actually don't want going to the system I've been working on. In addition, the custom email receipts we're sending out are being generated using information from the payment session, so webhooks wouldn't fit this exact use case. I could potentially develop a different architecture to allow for that, but that's a time investment that we can't afford right now. Thanks for all the help anyways; I really do appreciate it.

Best,

Jonathan Rasmussen

Software Developer I

College of Southern Idaho

jrasmussen@csi.edu

208-732-6846