Accept Hosted iframe not working in iOS

We've been using the Accept Hosted embedded iframe for several years now. Recently we've noticed that the "Add a New Payment Method" link (to add a credit card) does not work on iOS. I've tried several different devices (iPhone, iPad) with different versions of iOS, but when you click the link, nothing happens.

This works fine in desktop and Android devices.

Re: Accept Hosted iframe not working in iOS

[ Edited ]

I'm encountering the same issue and was wondering if you, or anyone else, has found a solution.

Thank you!

Highlighted

I've opened a ticket with Authorize.net but they haven't determined the issue yet. In my testing, I've removed everything (CSS. JS, HTML) down to a completely bare-bones page which contains the Accept Hosted iframe, and still the issue remains.

It seems to only be an issue on iOS 12 (latest iOS version) which came out no long ago, which may explain why our customers are suddenly reporting this issue. I've tried embedding other iframes (non auth.net ones) which contain JavaScript, and everything works fine with that, so it is definitely related to Authorize.net's code inside the iframe.

I'll reply back once I have a solution from Authorize.net.

The iframe content needs to be served with the Allow-Access-Control-Origin. The problem was as I had suspected - the URL of the iframe prepaidgiftbalance

@ngagne7412 wrote:

We've been using the Accept Hosted embedded iframe for several years now. Recently we've noticed that the "Add a New Payment Method" link (to add a credit card) does not work on iOS. I've tried several different devices (iPhone, iPad) with different versions of iOS, but when you click the link, nothing happens.

This works fine in desktop and Android devices.

Make sure you have defined a IFrameCommunicator page  in your app.

I had opened a support case with Authorize.net regarding this and just received word that this is fixed now. Again, this issue only affected those using the latest iOS version.

A dirty workaround:
Create a file called manager-head.html in the .storybook folder and put this dirty css in it:

<style>
  /* Make the iframe scroll on iOS */

.Pane.horizontal.Pane1>div>div+div {
    overflow: auto;
    -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch;
  }
</style>

Prepaidgiftbalance 

One solution that worked for me was to turn off compatibility view in IE.