Accept.JS and ACH?

I got the Accept.Js working and it looks good (other than that annoying XmlHttpRequest 'No-Access-Control-Allow-Orgin' error)  It's cool because I can plug the returned nonce/token directly into the c# SDK and it works perfect simply by changing this code:

/*  Not needed on server because we use the Accept.Js nonce/token
            var creditCard = new creditCardType
            {
                cardNumber = "4111111111111111",
                expirationDate = "0718",
                cardCode = "123"
            };
            */

var creditCard = new opaqueDataType
            {
                dataDescriptor = "COMMON.ACCEPT.INAPP.PAYMENT",  // TODO: Don't hardcode this value
                dataValue = AcceptJSToken
            };

I like that the Credit Cards don't touch my server; All client side!

My question is regarding ACH payments: Will there be a future enhancement to AcceptJS to include Routing/account numbers so I can debit a bank account with the nonce/token?

Maybe that won't be part of AcceptJS;  I'm very new to online payments.  Perhaps my web site can collect the routing and account numbers, post back to my web server, and I call the Authorize.Net API to debit the bank account.  I don't plan on saving the routing/account  numbers (I'll use CIM). Do I need to worry about PCI compliance for bank routing/account numbers that post back to my server? Maybe just SSL/HttpS is all that is needed to collect bank account info?

Thanks for you feedback.  I'm real close to starting to integrate Authorize.Net into my production web site.

Highlighted
Topics: 51
Kudos: 153
Blog Posts: 64

Re: Accept.JS and ACH?

Hello @dnsBuffaloNY

As mentioned in this previous post, Accept.js does not currently support ACH transactions.

I would suggest posting this as a new feature using our Ideas forum. This will allow others to vote on and make suggestions to improve the request.

Richard

--------

Webhooks are now available for Authorize.Net

Using SOAP, see our deprecation notice.
Check out Accept.js, our Javascript replacement for DPM.
Pro Tip: Never use test mode in the sandbox, instead use the Testing Guide.

Administrator

Hi @dnsBuffaloNY,

This doesn't address the ACH questions, but I wanted to point out that the "No Access-Control-Allow-Origin" error has been fixed.

For anyone else watching this thread, we've released code in sandbox that fixes this and other issues, and this code should make it into the production environment within the next couple of days.

Specifically for Accept.js, there's no longer any "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" related error in the console, the accept.js script can now be loaded at any point in the workflow, and the response handler function can be passed directly in the function call instead of having to pass the name.

Of course, please let us know if anything's not working as expected!

-Aaron

Aaron Wright
Developer Advocate - Authorize.Net

Follow Authorize.Net developer news on Twitter!