cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accept Sample App Help

Where would I find a demo cliet ID to test in this app? it's hosted on my SSL encrypted server and I can't get it to go from login.php to index.php. Please forgive my lack of knowlege, I'm new to working with these kinds of API's. Thank you ahead of time. 

mcontos
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @mcontos

You must obtain the client key from the sandbox merchant interface if you are testing:

1. Log into your Merchant Interface at https://sandbox.authorize.net 
  2. Click Account from the main toolbar.
  3. Click Settings in the main left-side menu.
  4. Click API Credentials & Keys.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I don't think this is answering the question.  The Demo Client Id that can be used on the accept-sample-app-master/login.php is not the same as Sandbox credentials, is it?

What demo client id works here?

Procyan

Hi there, any sandbox account will work with the Accept sample app, only thing to remembe ris the Client ID is found in the the merchant portal (sandbox.authorize.net) at:

Settings->Manage Public Client Key

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any additional questions.

Hi @Procyan

If you're referring to the "Customer ID" that's being asked for in login.php, that's the customer profile ID of any profile stored in your sandbox account. Once you've set the proper environment variables for the sample app to use your credentials (API_LOGIN_ID and TRANSACTION_KEY), it's making calls to the sandbox environment for your specific account. At that point, feed any stored customer profile ID to the field on login.php and it will use that profile for the various profile-related demos.

If you haven't yet created a customer profile on your sandbox account, check out the "Customer Profiles" section of our API Reference Guide. From the "Try It" tabs in there, you could create a new customer profile to generate a customer profile ID to use in the sample app.

@Aaron wrote:

Hi @Procyan

Once you've set the proper environment variables for the sample app to use your credentials (API_LOGIN_ID and TRANSACTION_KEY)

This is my problem, where do I add these in? I just set up php to work on iis and started running the code, but I am super confused where to add my credentials to actually make this thing work!

Just figured it out, what a pain in the neck!  for just being a simple test application, why not just have a file labled setting that we can just drop in our credentials to just see how it works.

The answer to how to get these varibles inputed when using iis can be found on this page.  Make sure you restart the site after add them in.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/application-frameworks/install-and-configure-php-applications-o...

The spot you should look for is "Best Practices for Configuring FastCGI and PHP".  Under this heading area you can see how to add EnvironmentVariables.  You will need to add API_LOGIN_ID and TRANSACTION_KEY as enviromentalVarible with the values of your credentials.

Hello,

I am running in to the same issue that it seems you had. I have added the three variables from the article you refer to. 

PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS, API_LOGIN_ID, and TRANSACTION_KEY 

I restart the server, and then when I visit the sample page and log in with a current customer if, I still get the "Customer Profile ID not Valid" message and am stuck on the login.php page.

I can't get past this page. Any other suggestions I should try?

Thank you,

Lynn