cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accept.js E_WC_17:User authentication failed due to invalid authentication values.

I'm having a little trouble interpreting an error message i'm recieving while trying to implement Accept.js to replace our current Direct Post functionality on a Magento store.

E_WC_17:User authentication failed due to invalid authentication values.

Looking up this error on https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/acceptjs.html

E_WC_17Please provide valid card holder name.

I've tried implementing the optional fields according to:

Property Type Description

cardNumberStringMust be a valid 13-16 digit card number. Required.
monthString2-digit month. Required.
yearString2-digit year. Required.
cardCodeString3 or 4-digit card validation value (CVV). Optional.
zipString20-character alphanumeric postal code. Optional.
fullNameString64-character alphanumeric cardholder name. Optional.

Still no luck, i've verified the Client Key, generated a new one as well. The API Login is correct as well. I'm also using the testing JS "https://jstest.authorize.net/v1/Accept.js"

Any idea what this error really means?

Thanks!

amazedchili
21 REPLIES 21

Hi @Aaron, I wasn't implying that you had anything to do with the issue at all. From what I've seen your answers are always right on target and very helpful.

Just trying to help illuminate a way to determine where and when the error took place. In this case, the error catching in Accept.js and it's companion AcceptCore.js is getting bypassed and the API sends back the correct error response, but just gets the wrong E_WC_ error code assigned.

The Oh Snap, was directed more at myself for not reading your comments fully first and Jamie is so cute, I just had to find somewhere to use her.

That's great news about the upcoming release.