cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accept.js and card present transactions

I have been using Accept.js and it is all working fine. But is it possible to do Card Present transactions with this framework? I can't see reference to it anywhere.

Craig

craigvn
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @craigvn

Accept.js is for ecommerce transactions as it runs in the user's browser.  It does not accept track data.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

To follow-up on this question from a different angle: Does this mean that if I use Accept.js to request a nonce token using an Authorize.net account set to "card present" that I would get an E_WC_21?

We are a web-based point of sale, and are working on an Authorize.net integration. The card is present at the terminal, but being web-based, we are attempting to use Accept.js to request the nonce token for an Authorize account (also marked card present), and then use the nonce on our server back-end to complete the transaction. This worked previously in testing with an account marked "card not present" but we are getting an E_WC_21 (User authentication failed due to invalid authentication values) when testing against a card present account.

Thanks,

G

@gsemones

The Accept.js token is intended for ecommerce transactions only.  If you wish to run card present transactions, you will need to use our inperson SDKs with supported devices.  

https://github.com/AuthorizeNet?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=inperson

Richard

Richard,

Thanks for the reply. I realize that "card present" transactions should use an in-person SDK. I guess the core question I'm trying to get to is this:

Does having a "card present" account block my ability to use Accept.js in an ecommerce setting with that account?

Thanks,

Guerry