Contributor
Accepted Solution

Accepting Canadian Cards in US

Hello,

My company is located in the US, and as of yet we have only used authorize.net to accept US cards for payment. We have a need to accept Canadian credit cards at this point however, and searching through documentation has left me a little uncertain about exactly how this will work.

First some details:

We use this API: https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/
We use Accept.js sometimes (Web), but other times make transactions without tokenizing card data (IVR)
We send a zipcode for AVS

We send CVV

Essentially I am looking for confirmation we will have no problems, or knowledge of what problems we would encounter and the best way to handle said problems. I've found some useful info on my own, but it can be hard to tell what applies to your setup. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Fivable

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author fivable
‎07-20-2018 01:56 PM

Re: Accepting Canadian Cards in US

Hi fivable, 

This is a common question. As such, we have placed information on accepting non-US transactions in our Support Center, which is accessible to you at https://support.authorize.net/s/. You also have access to live help and our Help library within your account by clicking on the "Help" link at the top of the page (be aware the Help link does not currently work in Chrome). 

With that said, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. 

• If you currently process in USD, you will also process CAD transcations in USD. 
  • If you wish to process in CAD, you will need a new account to process CAD in that currency.
  • You may need to adjust some of your AVS filter settings to avoid AVS declines from card holders whose issuers do not support the AVS system. 

Outside of this, the transactions will process in the same manner which all other transactions process currently. 

I hope this information is helpful to you. 

Thank you,

Elaine

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author fivable
‎07-20-2018 01:56 PM

Hi fivable, 

This is a common question. As such, we have placed information on accepting non-US transactions in our Support Center, which is accessible to you at https://support.authorize.net/s/. You also have access to live help and our Help library within your account by clicking on the "Help" link at the top of the page (be aware the Help link does not currently work in Chrome). 

With that said, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. 

• If you currently process in USD, you will also process CAD transcations in USD. 
  • If you wish to process in CAD, you will need a new account to process CAD in that currency.
  • You may need to adjust some of your AVS filter settings to avoid AVS declines from card holders whose issuers do not support the AVS system. 

Outside of this, the transactions will process in the same manner which all other transactions process currently. 

I hope this information is helpful to you. 

Thank you,

Elaine

Contributor

Thanks a lot ElaineM. Although I don't doubt it is a common question in a sense, it was certainly hard to track down anything meaningful (not vague) through the Support Center. After reading your answer I searched again but armed with the knowledge that I needed to check out the AVS filter settings. I then found much more helpful results.

Thanks again for the help!

You are the following mother to me And the person who showed me everything in my life. I love the manner in    birthday wishes for sister  which you show me, battle with me, a great deal of recollections which don't have adequate memory to save. All my rest of my life u will not be with me yet I won't ever neglect out insane things happen to us. I appreciate your conversation since you generally recounts fascinating stories.

The administrations are secure and kept basic with this hack apparatus which implies client protection is esteemed and trusted is kept up for utilizing this device. The clubhouse devotees hack generator can  clubhouse free followers  get you on the web to produce free supporters for yourself. There are no inconveniences in the utilization of this apparatus, so it is simple on the off chance that you have web access and a solid gadget to associate with this stage and utilize it.

Clinical help for refuge candidates and torment casualties gives up to two years of incorporation for individuals who   devdiscussions   are not qualified pilgrims; in any case, who are applicants in the US. Or then again, the individuals who are non-inhabitant setbacks of torture getting treatment at an administration sponsored torture treatment center. 

Ask your credit union if your debit card can be used for purchases at U.S. retailers that accept NYCE cards for purchases 

Whether a customer purchases something using a Canadian credit ... If you don't accept one of these card brands, say American Express   Value Village Survey 

Actually like a water purifier eliminates the undesirable components and conveys us with some protected and drinkable   https://www.apkdear.com/  water, WhatsApp call channel include gets undesirable individuals far from you completely. As such , just the ones whom you esteem and focus on will be accessible on your WhatsApp visits. The call channel highlight is vital when you need to confine calls in light of being in some place. This particular component permits you to get calls from the particular contacts as it were.