cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding a sales tax to DPM checkout page

Hi,

My accountant advised me to add sales tax for customers from my state (Mass.). And to include a disclaimer on the checkout page for everyone else, such as: "Customers outside of Mass. are responsible for their own local sales or applicable taxes." I'm using DPM with an SSL provided by my host (GoDaddy).

I have not yet asked my developer to do this... Is there a useful resource I could send along to him?

Checkout happens over two pages. Most of the info is entered on the first page, and sent to my server. The CC details are entered on the second page and sent to Authorize. Is this just a matter of creating two CC pages, one for MA residents and one for non-residents? How about just one CC page with 6.25% automatically either added or greyed out depending whether state = MA? Any help would be appreciated.

DW

dogwood
2 REPLIES 2

Hello

It doesn't look like anyone has responded yet, but someone still may have feedback on what you're looking for. I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if anyone else from the community is able to respond with any comments. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, Richard. I just subscribed.

But I think the issue has been resolved. The price that gets sent to Authorize depends on what state people select. Tax is included for MA residents, flat price for everybody else. So the solution doesn't really involve Authorize. It's working in test mode at least.

DW