cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost ready to launch SIM - What do I need to test?

I have been using a SIM test account and have everything working as planned. I am almost ready to launch the site, but what should I test before doing so?

I am going to generate my transaction key and test my site on the actual ath.net account using -  secure.authorize instead of test.authorize.

But what else do I need to test for? Is there a tutorial or a pre-flight checklist?

thank you.

JeremyA
5 REPLIES 5

There's no tutorial per sé as there are so many possible combinations of software and business rules that what needs to be done can vary tremendously. So what you need to focus on is:

1) Is your implementation secure? Is any sensitive information required to process transaction (e.g. API login and transaction key) safe? Is your customer data, if collected, done so securely?

2) After launch, verify that your implementation works by doing a test transaction. Verify that the transaction is processed properly and that you receive your funds properly. Make sure any business rules are followed (i.e. emails are sent, databases record the transaction).

I wrote an article called Merchant Accounts 101 which covers this is some detail amongst other things. Page 12 should be what you need to read.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Thank you. 

One quick question. How do I protect my API Login and Trans Key?

Your API login will be publicly available as it will be in the form you submit to Authorize.Net.  Your transaction key, however, should never be publicly available. Its should only reside in your server code which should never be visible in a web browser. If you can you would ideally store it outside of your web root so it cannot be accessed by a web browser.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

I tested my payment gateway with a test account, then with a real account in test mode, all apparently served.

but when using a real account without test mode "The configuration with the processor is invalid. Call Merchant Service Provider."

My client contacted authorizee and sent me this:

processor configuration numbers 

PNS: XXXXXXXX... 

PROCESS PLATFORM: PAYMATECH 

CLIENT ID: XXXX

TERMINAL ID: XXX

I do not know what to do with this?

Hey crowzor,

That means that there is an issue with the merchant's merchant account. They need to call their MSP to make sure the account has been properly set up with the processor, Paymentech.

The merchant's MSP is the company that acts as their financial institution. They deposit funds into the merchant's bank account and maintain the merchant account with Visa and MasterCard. Your merchant can take a look at their merchant statement to find out who their MSP is, along with their contact information.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager