Highlighted

American Express, Discover test cards are declined w/ confiscation message

I'm getting started with Authorize and developing a PHP code library for use in multiple projects. I have a test suite that runs the valid test numbers through the API and expects a successful response.

I'm not getting a successful response for 370000000000002 (AmEx) or 6011000000000012 (Discover). Instead I'm getting CardDeclinedException: "Card declined. The processor indicated to confiscate the card."

The Visa and MasterCard numbers are passing the test so I doubt that it's a coding issue on my part. But I could be wrong. What is the problem and how do I fix it?

Re: American Express, Discover test cards are declined w/ confiscation message

Now on my second test run, all of the numbers are being declined with the same message. 

Topics: 56
Kudos: 212
Blog Posts: 67

Re: American Express, Discover test cards are declined w/ confiscation message

Hello @jbnv

Could you please confirm that you are testing using our sandbox and not a live production account.  And it would also help if you provided a sample gateway response for a declined transaction.

Richard

Build modern websites and mobile applications without increasing PCI burden using Authorize.Net Accept

Still using SIM, DPM or AIM? Please check our upgrade guide for details on migrating to our full Authorize.Net API.