cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant.

Using SIM Integration, with relay response = true and x_relay_url = http://www.evergreenarts.org/order_relay.php

which is stripped down to basic HTML headers and "hello world".

Account settings, transaction key, response URLs, all set correctly. I get the gateway payment form just fine.

Was working fine for about 6 months, then around 6/13 started throwing the error:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.
It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

It comes back in a blink, there's no few seconds timeout issue.

Not sure what else to check. The merchant website is on a shared server, which has been known to switch things up without telling me, but I can't think what they might have done to cause this.

The account was "locked" for failure to update the password, could that reset something, or necessitate creating a new transaction key?

Appreciate any help...

BruceQ
11 REPLIES 11

Look like they did something

When I post to the page in code, think cURL in php

I get "(403) Forbidden." if I don't set the user agent, which the relay response don't either

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thank you, that does seem to be the problem. Any reason AN wouldn't put something in the UserAgent string? Testing on several other shared hosting systems, I haven't found another that disallows empty UserAgent, but it does seem like a reasonable(-ish) "security" measure...

I am using the Authorize.Net SDK with the sandbox apilogin and etc, the relay URL function does not seems working, I have added the http://localhost:56632/Response.aspx in the Relay and Receipt URL in the setting.

So I use Receipt link only (without the relay)  to check the transaction:

<form action = 'https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll' method = 'post'>
<input type='hidden' name='x_version' id='x_version' value='3.1'/>
<input type='hidden' name='x_type' id='x_type' value='AUTH_ONLY' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_login' id='x_login' value='' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_amount' id='x_amount' value='2.99' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_method' id='x_method' value='CC' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_show_form' id='x_show_form' value='PAYMENT_FORM' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_description' id='x_description' value='Payment method ownership check'/>
<input type='hidden' name='x_invoice_num' id='x_invoice_num' value='1409119067367'/>
<input type='hidden' name='x_fp_sequence' id='x_fp_sequence' value='9067367' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_fp_timestamp' id='x_fp_timestamp' value='1410444466' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_fp_hash' id='x_fp_hash' value='d6a836a108beba26c1e1d32c6839158d' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_line_item' id='x_line_item' value='item1<|>Payment method ownership check<|><|>1<|>2.99<|>' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_test_request' id='x_test_request' value='false' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_currency_code' id='x_currency_code' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_recurring_billing' id='x_recurring_billing' value='false' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_first_name' id='x_first_name' value='Robert' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_last_name' id='x_last_name' value='Smith' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_company' id='x_company' value='' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_address' id='x_address' value='101 Redeondo Beach' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_city' id='x_city' value='Los Angoles' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_state' id='x_state' value='CA' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_zip' id='x_zip' value='90279' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_country' id='x_country' value='USA' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_phone' id='x_phone' value='(123)123-1234' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_fax' id='x_fax' value='(123)123-1000' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_email' id='x_email' value='test@yahoo.com' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_email_customer' id='x_email_customer' value='TRUE' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_header_email_receipt' id='x_header_email_receipt' value='Payment method ownership check' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_footer_email_receipt' id='x_footer_email_receipt' value='On the event of any issues, please contact us on 0999-999-9999.' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_po_num' id='x_po_num' value='9067367' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_receipt_link_method' id='x_receipt_link_method' value='post' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_receipt_link_URL' id='x_receipt_link_URL' value='http://localhost:56632/Receipt.aspx' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_receipt_link_text' id='x_receipt_link_text' value='Get Receipt' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_header_html_payment_form' id='x_header_html_payment_form' value="<style type='text/css' media='all'>TD{font-family: arial, verdana,trebuchet,helvetica,geneva,sans-serif;font-size:11px; color:#000000;margin-left:1px;}INPUT{font-family:Arial,Verdana, Trebuchet,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif;font-size:12px;color: #000000;margin-left:1px;background-color:#E3E4FA;}</style>Please check your billing information and enter your payment detail." />
<input type='hidden' name='x_footer_html_payment_form' id='x_footer_html_payment_form' value="" />
<input type='hidden' name='x_logo_url' id='x_logo_url' value='' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_background_url' id='x_background_url' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_color_background' id='x_color_background' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_customer_ip' id='x_customer_ip' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_card_num' id='x_card_num' value='4444333322221111' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_exp_date' id='x_exp_date' value='1219' />
<input type='hidden' name='x_card_code' id='x_card_code' value='123'/>

<input type = "submit" class="submit" value = "Order with SIM!" />
    </form>

But I received

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.
It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Sm4rtv1ew

You can't use localhost, it have to be an url that can be access from the internet.

the localhost was working.

I am debugging it using VS2013, and it was calling with the receipt.aspx for a while, but then it is not working.

Not possible for relay response, authorize.net post the response to the url. and localhost don't exist outside your pc.

here read

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/The-Authorize-Net-Developer-Blog/Relay-Response-Basics-a...

receipt url might work because at that time, it on your browser.

Forget about the relay at the moment,I was implemented the receipt post back, the browser was redirected to the Receipt.aspx, it was working, but I was trying to find the transactionId from SIM receipt postback, now it is NOT.

Is it possible because I changed the MD5 Hash? If it is, is there a way for remove the user defined MD5 Hash?

Is it possible because I changed the MD5 Hash? If it is, is there a way for remove the user defined MD5 Hash?

Is your receipt page checking MD5 Hash?

Can you look at the network traffic?Depend on how you setup the receipt method, you should able see the data in network traffic.

Do you mean you cannot debug/test the development code unless you published to a url accessiblt via Authorize.net?