cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant - intermittent response

Hi there!

Hoping someone can help as I believe this issue is not an uncommon one. I looked into the older posts but those unfortunately didn't really help...

Our SIM integration ahs been working fine for the past many years, but suddently since the past few days, I have been seeing this message intermittently (1 out of 6):

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card. 

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

As you can imagine , this is very frustrating for customers and us since the customers think their payment didn't go through and then they create duplicate orders!

The server is online and is on SSL (including the return url) and has been working fine so far. It is hosted on a good capacity EC2 instance on AWS and hasn't peaked as yet so I doubt its a timeout issue at the server end. 

Any advice or help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

kujain
2 REPLIES 2

Please see the next thread in this forum, or click this link: https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Your-Script-Timed-Out-Relay-Res...

There are atleast five (5) Authorize.Net customers having this problem, I think you are the sixth! We need your help to light a hugh bon fire under them, because they are slow rolling this, and saying the problem must be on the merchant's end, we don't see a problem on our end, here is the error codes we get from your server (the codes indicate the problem is theirs), ...

Do NOT rely on this forum to get things fixed:

1. Submite an eTicket using https://account.authorize.net/ After logging in click on the "Contact US", and then in the pop up window click on "Create a New eTicket", fill out the form, submit it.
  2. When you read the link at the top of this thread you will find a post by RichardH who is a Authorize.Net forum Admin. He then says to call them as "Phone calls to customer support have a higher priority than etickets.  You can reach customer support at 877-447-3938 24x7."

We need your help. They have known about this problem for almost a week! File a eTicket and then call them. Also, please add a post to the link listed above so that they can see additional customers are having this problem.

bretmaverick999
Contributor

Please do one more thing, in my previous post is a link to a thread topic, click on it, and at the bottom of the very first post is a "Me too" button, please click it. Thanks!

bretmaverick999
Contributor