cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Authorized .net Sample code explanation.

Hi all,

I'm looking into integrating authorize.net with my mobile application (Android and iOS but for simplicity just focus on android for now).

When initializing AuthNet is there a way to automatically provide the merchant information so the log in form is not necessary? This would be a single store available to everyone but with only one merchant account where clients would input their credit card info to make purchases on their own, not some sort of point-of-sale.

All the samples I've found force merchant login which follows the point-of-sale pattern.

Could someone point me in the right direction for this?

Thanks,

Tom

tkoole
1 REPLY 1

Hi,

The SDK is designed to allow you to use your Android as a mobile terminal or POS device.  Because it is not secure to include any credentials embedded in the app, we created the ability to login to the API using your individual account credentials.  Each individual user of the app should have their own credentials for the account, they should never be embedded in the app itself. We do not provide Android specific examples for any other use cases.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator