cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android - "Loggin in..." problem

Hi,

I'm trying you quickstart for android https://developer.authorize.net/integration/fifteenminutes/android/ but the application stop at the loggin in process. :s

In the logcat I only can see:

D/AuthNetActivityBase( 5859): sleeping getMerchant()

My Android version is: 4.0.4

Can you help me with that?

thanks

https://developer.authorize.net/integration/fifteenminutes/android/

metRo_
7 REPLIES 7

My best guess is that the connection is failing to make it to Authorize.Net, but I really can't say from just this log. I would recommend to you that you change the logging level while you are working so that you get a more informative message. The SDK does make use of android.util.log.

Trevor
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I've also struggeled with this problem. I downloaded the newest Android SDK V1.3.0 on 20 Aug 2013 and followed the instruction given by Authroize.NET to create a sample project.

After several hours of analysis I found the root cause - at least in my case.

Please have a look into the SDK class:

net.authorize.android.security.MobileMerchantAuthActivity

In the method "showCredentialsPage" a new "ExecuteTransactionTask" object is created and the task is started. Unfortunatyl the AsyncTask thread does not start for whatever reason. This is a welknown Android problem, but can have several causes.

I solved the problem by changing the implementation from AsyncTask to Thread within the "MobileMerchantAuthActivity" class. It works now. I can login in.

If anyone wants to have a look into the changed code in this class, I can provide it.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Hi,

I also suffered the same logging... problem . Can you please give me the changed class?

Thanks,

Neetu

Can you share your code please, i am having the same issue.

Thank you

I cannot find what you mention above !

"net.authorize.android.security.MobileMerchantAuthActivity"

Question?

On the info at

https://developer.authorize.net/integration/fifteenminutes/android/

It states that minumun sdk shoud be 8, in Android studio i dont have 8 available. I have from 12 and higher. Can this be the issue?

Thank you

no luck, i tried that and ended up with errors about android.fontfamily not available on sdk below 16 !  Commented out the fontfamily text and reran it and still i was not able to login. OK ! I am back at running it on compile sdk 16, Min SDK 8, Target sdk 16.