cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any PeopleSoft users integrating to Authorize.net APIs?

Hi all.
I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has successfully integrated to Authorize.net for hosted payments using delivered PeopleSoft document and rest based app messaging? If so I'd love to talk to you about your approach.

I have one message setup going to https://apitest.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api to send out credentials in json and get a token from auth.net. I get a successful response with a token back. When I send the token back to https://test.authorize.net/payment/payment I do get a response but it is "Missing or Invalid Token".

I was hoping to use PeopleSoft delievered messaging with PeopleCode for the entire transaction however the more I read the more I think I am going to have to incorporate javascript (something I know less about) so I'd love to see if/how someone else made this all work. I have also seen others here get this same error but again I think they are solving it inside java or other programming that I'm not sure necessarily applies in our case.

Thanks!

DAL07
4 REPLIES 4

How are you sending the token to https://test.authorize.net/payment/payment ? It needs to posted in a form variable named "token".

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers
NexusSoftware
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your reply.  I believe this is our issue.  PeopleSoft doesn't have a "content type" for form, just json, xml html, plain text etc.  I have to believe there is a way to override this using our code and specify the htttp form post I just don't know what that is.  Was hoping someone here had done so and knew the syntax or best approach.

Thanks again

Hi @DAL07,

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but are you trying to have the PeopleSoft software post the token directly to that URL? If so, that wouldn't work anyway. The hosted forms are to be served directly from our servers to the browser, not sent to your server.

The basic flow with PeopleSoft would be the same with any backend software:

1. The browser makes some request of the backend to checkout or pay.
  2. While the browser's waiting for the response, the backend makes a request to the Authorize.Net API to get a form token.
  3. The backend responds to the browser with an HTML page that contains an HTML form with a single hidden input field with the name of "token" and a value of the form token provided.
  4. The browser submits the form to the Authorize.Net form URL, either by having some JavaScript automatically submit the form on page load, or by the customer taking some action on the page.
  5. The Authorize.Net web server responds to the browser's form submission with an HTML document containing the payment form.
  6. The customer fills in the payment form in the browser and clicks "Pay", causing the payment information to be sent directly to Authorize.Net for authorization.
  7. Your backend is notified of the results through one of a few possible methods.

So, once PeopleSoft gets the form token from our API, PeopleSoft just needs to serve a page to the browser containing some HTML that makes a form with the token as input. Then that browser needs to submit the form token to Authorize.Net.

Thanks Aaron.

If there are any dumb questions I am certain they are mine.  I just haven't worked with this type of post before so I'm learning as I go.  I appreciate the steps you outlined as it's given me a little more to consider and verify as I go through the process.

Thanks!