cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone done any integration with Magtek iDynamo?

Have anyone done any integration with Magtek iDynamo? It's an iOS credit card swiper. I would like to know if it is possible at all with Authorize.net (I am currently not a customer, but am considering).

iDynamo is not a keyboard-emulation reader. It uses DUPKT key management. I am new to credit card processing in general, so any help is greatly appreciated!!!

pixelfreak
4 REPLIES 4

Hey pixelfreak,

It doesn't look like anyone has responded yet, but someone still may have feedback on iDynamo. I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if anyone else from the community is able to respond with any comments. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Michelle
Developer Community Manager

Michelle
All Star

I am working on an integration right now for our shopping cart AllProWebTools.com.  It is a fairly involved process since the Idynamo encrpyts the cc data right at the read head.  From what I have been told, you must aquire an Idynamo that is configured to communicate with your Gateway (not auth.net but the company that actually processes your credit cards), it is usually easiest to get this from the Gateway.

bigd213

Is there any news on supporting the MagTek iDynamo? I have an app where we need that sort of durable swipe device.

If you are interfacing with Authorize.net, you have to use an Authorize.net-injected device. If you are keyed to a merchant, you can only communicate directly with that merchant - Authorize.net will not accept your encrypted track data. I don't know what the procedure would be for getting Authorize.net-injected devices, though. If anyone finds out, please post, because a number of people, including myself, want to know.