cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AuthNetTools.cfc failing on missing billto info

Sorry if I am not using the best terminology here. In brief, I am using AuthNetTools.cfc to call Authorize.net and hand me back the data fields I need for my ColdFusion programming. While these routines have worked well for the past 3 years, I now have a problem that looks to me like some data is missing.

Specifically, when I issue a getCustomerPaymentProfileResponse, it seems to fail looking for fields like "billTo.address.XmlText"

When I examine the data dumps, I see that the response received from authorize.net contains only the node for billto and no children, so I assume that is the problem.

Is there a setting that controls whether full fields are returned when you make a call to getCustomerPaymentProfileResponse? I believe these fields would all be null but the software requires them to be there.

jpullam
Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

Hi jpullam,

Authorize.Net will always return the data, there is no any settings you will need to configure to receive this. We recently updated the request for getCustomerPaymentProfile API call but no changes has been made for the response. I am not sure why your software would be missing this, I can only recommend checking this on your end.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

When I set the customer up in the first place using createCustomerProfile, I only provide a credit card number and expiry date, so Authorize.net will not have the fields like address in the system. Did it previously return theses as null fields but stop sending them more recently? AuthnetTools.cfc (the 3rd party software) appears to be looking for these fields and then fails because they are not present.