cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AuthnetXML.class.php vs AuthorizeNet.php

From what I understand, which is not much, AuthnetXML.class.php gives me access to all the php apis at once.  AuthorizeNet.php does this as well, but by folding in all the other apis.  The document I found regarding AuthnetXML seems to suggest that this file gives direct access to all api methods without needing the separate files.  Is this right?

Does AuthnetXML.class.php replace AuthorizeNet.php? Or is it used separately?   Does AuthnetXML generate the xml being sent, or is it acting on xml that it wants me to generate?   

Thanks

(Also, if I have multiple questions, do you want them in separate posts?)

alanm123
Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

Ok, I see.  They're really all XML conversion apis.  Meaning I don't have to muck around in my own xml.  Apparently you were able to create a single XML solution to cover every api type, since AIM now comes in a pure XML syntax.

Now all I need is the authnetXML doc!

alanm123
Contributor

You can use the examples provided in the AuthnetXML package as a guide for making each API call. There's also a tutorial that gives a good overview of how it all works.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

Ok, I think I got it.  It sounds like the documentation for AuthnetXML is entirely in the sample files provided (the examples folder of the AuthnetXML package).  It looks pretty complete, but I just want to verify:  

Is that a comprehensive list of the available functions?

It currently represents all of the available API calls. So, yes, it is complete. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post