cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Only

If I authorize the credit card only upon transaction, will I be able to go into my authorize.net account and charge their credit card later?

debs2830
5 REPLIES 5

Yes. There will be a place where you can enter the authorization number you were given when charging the card.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Stymiee, can't it also be done in the Unsettled Transactions?

I'm not sure. I never tried. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

You can indeed capture an authorization only transaction from the Unsettled Transactions section of the Merchant Interface.

And here are the detailed steps to how:

1. Log into the Merchant Interface
  2. Click Search from the main toolbar
  3. Click Unsettled Transactions from the main menu
  4. In the Filter by field, select Group Capture
  5. You can then pick which transactions you'd like to capture

Thanks for the reminder RaynorC1emen7!

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Hi,

Please let me know that I'm following the right approach or not.

Approach: First I am authorizing an order amount using  customer profile id and payment profile id and after few days I need to void it and authorize it again.

Details : Our bank can hold the authorized amount for 7 days only.  If I am shipping the order within 7 days then I can capture the authorized amount successfully. But if shipment is pending and 7 days have been crossed then bank will release the amount. This is a problem for me because shipment I would be able to capture the amount. To avoid this I'm simply checking that on 7th day if capture has not done yet against Order,  I'll do void Authorized transaction and then Authorize order total amount using customer profile id and customer payment profile id.

Is it a good approach?

Will this solution work in production? In TEST environment I checked it and it worked fine but need confirmation before we commit to production environment.