cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization reversals - no changes needed?

I have decided that I will not support partial authorizations and balance response transactions for now. I am not sure if I need to change anything in my shopping carts integration with Authorize,net (SIM) to support authorization reversals.

Here are the possible scenarios:

1. A transaction is declined by the issueing bank.....no authorization....no reversal needed.

2. A transaction fails AVS and is declined by my criteria as set in my merchant settings......Authorize.net automatically does an authorization reversal...no action required on my part.

3. A customer cancels an order that has an unsettled authorization.....I log in and manually void the transaction whiich issues the authorization reversal.

4. I ship a partial order and capture the applicable part of the authorization.....Authorize,net automatically issues an authorization reversal for the remaining uncaptured funds.

I don't see anything I need to change for any of these scenarios. Am I missing something?

joatmon
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

sounds like you are doing the reversals manually via the virtual terminal. That being the case your own site will not need any changes.

ajbest
Contributor

I have a similar setup and was also curious about the Auth reversals.  I have a payment system that allows my customers to login and make payments on their

invoices through AIM.   All of the points in the previous post are the same for me as well , except for the fact I dont have customers cancelling orders. 

I do not allow customers to cancel a payment once it has been made.  Is this something I have to implement?  Do I have to give

the customer the ability to cancel a payment before the batch settlement at the end of the day?

The questions in this thread are not in relation to giving the customer the ability to cancel the transaction themselves, they are about ensuring that your system is able to cancel the transactions automatically if the customer does not complete their order.