cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorize.Net Request Error

Greetings everyone.  I'm a bit of a noob and I have a question.

I downloaded the SDK for AIM.  I'm using the AuthorizeNet.dll file along with the quick start examples.  

The final step in the process is to make the transaction

var response = gate.Send(request);

This works perfectly and I can see the response values in the response object, HOWEVER, the request object has some issues that i'm not familiar with.

If I open the "request" object in a quick watch window I see an error on the line  "BankAccountType"  The error says "functional evaluation was aborted" and every value below this is missing and replaced with a "?".

Once I try to view this object I only have about 4 second before it just ends my application.  

As anyone encountered this before or even know what it means?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

kc7dji
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Scott,

We're not really sure what's going on here. Can you provide some more details? The full code of your call and response?

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Michelle
All Star

This condition occurs in sample authorization code in the zip package anet_dotnet_sample-1.5.0.zip downloaded from the Authorize.Net developer site. It is in the Program.cs file of the sample authorization. After the request object is constructed, opening the request variable in the locals tab of the debugger shows for the value of the BankAccountType member property the text "Function Evaluation was aborted." Shortly thereafter the application and debug session spontaneously end.

Anyone know of a solution to this problem?

The code for Program.cs follows

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using AuthorizeNet;

namespace SampleAuthorization {
    class Program {

static void Main(string[] args) {

//step 1 - create the request
            var request = new AuthorizationRequest("4111111111111111", "1216", 10.00M, "Test Transaction");

//These are optional calls to the API
            //request.AddCardCode("321");

//Customer info - this is used for Fraud Detection
            //request.AddCustomer("id", "first", "last", "address", "state", "zip");

//order number
            //request.AddInvoice("invoiceNumber");

//Custom values that will be returned with the response
            //request.AddMerchantValue("merchantValue", "value");

//Shipping Address
            //request.AddShipping("id", "first", "last", "address", "state", "zip");

//step 2 - create the gateway, sending in your credentials and setting the Mode to Test (boolean flag)
            //which is true by default
            //this login and key are the shared dev account - you should get your own if you
            //want to do more testing
            var gate = new Gateway("API-LOGIN", "TRANSACTION-KEY",true);

//step 3 - make some money
            var response = gate.Send(request);

Console.WriteLine("{0}: {1}",response.ResponseCode, response.Message);
            Console.Read();
        }
    }
}

GenesisFT