cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorize Payment Profile Amount

I see that you can authorize a Credit Card for a certain amount but I only see that you can validate a customer profile by charging $0.01 or mathematical. Is there a way to send over a payment profile and an amount and authorize it for that amount to be captured later?

TL;DR Can i use the "Authorize a Credit Card" (createTransactionRequest) with a payment profile id rather than credit card information? Or is there something else that I can use to achieve the same goal.

Our process is that the user creates a payment profile for our system, which is linked to a purchase order. Then when a shipment is performed against that order we want to authorize and then capture after authorization using the payment profile. The credit card # and information will not be available.

Devin
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Devin -- that appears to be an error in the documentation. We confirmed that createTransactionRequest works with all transactionType options when using payment profiles. That includes authCaptureTransaction, authOnlyTransaction, priorAuthCaptureTransaction, refundTransaction, and voidTransaction.

We'll report the documentation issue and get that fixed. In the meantime, I think you should be all set to use createTransactionRequest to create authOnlyTransaction requests with payment profiles.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Devin Yes, that is an option. See the documentation here:

http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/#payment-transactions-charge-a-customer-profile

--
Lilith
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

@Lilith,

I was looking at that option but the listed "Transaction Type" option is only "authCaptureTransaction". Am I able to pass in "authOnlyTransaction" using a payment profile?

@Devin -- that appears to be an error in the documentation. We confirmed that createTransactionRequest works with all transactionType options when using payment profiles. That includes authCaptureTransaction, authOnlyTransaction, priorAuthCaptureTransaction, refundTransaction, and voidTransaction.

We'll report the documentation issue and get that fixed. In the meantime, I think you should be all set to use createTransactionRequest to create authOnlyTransaction requests with payment profiles.

--