cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorize.net DPM blank screen on post

Is there anything I can do to eliminate a blank screen when I post the order to: https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

???

It goes from my site, to blank white screen at that address, then back to my result page.  Problem occurs when connection is slow, it stays white screen for a while.  Getting customer complaint calls.

Perhaps I'm handling something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

--Jeff

HDLLC
17 REPLIES 17

Hi TJ-

Was actually just testing with AIM...  I think I like how that works much better.

Their sample was more of what I am looking for.

I'm taking this over and have very little knowledge of how to integrate either.

Is it as simple as changing the method (declaring AIM vs DPM)...?

The samples was just a switch in settings. 

Thanks again - appreciate the insight.

--Jeff

AIM is the simplest API to integrate. Assuming you're using PHP, you can get excellent examples of how to use it by looking in the doc folder of your SDK for a file called AIM.markdown.

10-4 - thanks a ton, TJ!

Much appreciated!

I'm having the same issue, but it's only periodically, when my server is under a lot of load.

We are in the process of getting a new, more powerfull server.  But, it would be nice if there was a message for the customer, rather than just a blank screen.

"Please wait while we process your order." or something like that.

Dan

It looks like my previous post may be incorrect.  I have talked to a couple customers that said that the "blank page" remained on their browsers for a few minutes.  When I look at my logs, I see that my site responded with the redirect within a couple of seconds.

Has anyone else had this issue?  It seems to only have happened to a handful of our users, but it is still troubling.  The transaction goes through at Authorize.net, but the order is never finalized on our site.  

Are there any browser settings that may be stopping the redirect?

Thanks - 

Dan Bergan

It's possible your nameserver is slow, in which case every time Authorize.net tries to look up your domain, it takes more than the required amount of time. How frequently that happens would depend on your DNS refresh rate.

It's also possible your site was lagging too badly during those particular periods. What kind of hosting do you have?

Our DNS is hosted by Rackspace.  We have a dedicated server -- however, we are in the processing of upgrading to a newer, more powerful server.

This does seem to happen slightly more often when our server is busy, but in this case, I can see in the logs that my server responded to the Authorize.net callback within one second.  However, the customer said that screen remained blank for a couple of minutes before he used the back button and resubmitted the payment.

If the response time is more than a few seconds, Authorize.net will sever the connection, meaning they could sit there for an infinite amount of time and still get the blank screen. A few seconds is a LONG time in computing terms, though.