cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorize.net Hosted Payment Form - eChecks - Double Entry

Hi All, I am using the Authorize.net hosted payment form since my company is not PCI compliant. Specifically we use the eCheck feature. Unfortunately, Authorize.net only verify the routing number in the initial acceptance. On occasion, we get a customer who enters the correct routing number but incorrect account number of the banking institution. One simple solution to this problem is to require the customer to re-enter the account number. A background process would identify match entries. I would like to know if this can be done using the Authorize.net hosted payment form? I am getting a "No" answer from Authorize.net. I am wondering if anybody has any solutions out there? Thanks, Tphan
Tphan
7 REPLIES 7

I'm not understanding. Are you saying that they enter their account number wrong, it makes it past validation, then you discover the account number is incorrect using some process on your end, and send them back to the hosted form? Supposedly, bank accounts are validated, or at least there's some way to do it, because there's an error 101:

The given name on the account and/or the account type does not match the actual account. The specified name on the account and/or the account type do not match the actual account.

I would think that the hosted form would trigger that error if the account number is incorrect, and ask them to re-enter?

TJPride
Expert
For eChecks, the account number is not validated. Only the routing number and a couple of others. What we are seeing is correct routing number (hence approval from authogrize.net) but incorrect account number. Therefore, when authorize.net request payment at the user's banking institution the account number does not match the bank's account number, therefore, a failed transaction.

So it's being authorized from the payment form, but the capture you're applying later is failing?

Yes, its being authorize in the payment form, but the capture is failing due to incorrect account number entered by the user. A double account entry funcitonality would really help the user entry error.

Maybe they should add a "double entry" checkbox for each item, or at least appropriate items like this, in the control panel.

Is this an option? How do I enable this if I use the authorize.net payment form?

Sadly no, as far as I know. Just saying it would be nice if they added it.