cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorize.net has updated their SSL certificates

Today we had to update the authorize.net SSL certificates on our server to re-enable secure communications.

They have updated their SSL certs. We found 3 certs which we updated to make sure the chain was recognized by our server.

Depending on your server type, this procedure will be different.

We are using ColdFusion 9 and had to add the certs to our java cert store.

We followed these directions to resolve our issue:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20469194/coldfusion-https-connection-failure

Why cant autoroize.net just post that they changed the certs?

I had this same issue with another vendor and they kept telling me they made no changes.

Server admins really need to learn how to communicate with their tech support people!

Grrrrr!!!

Hope this helps...

Steve Stout

Kagan Publishing

stoutman
30 REPLIES 30

Thanks for the suggestions.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Guys,

We have the same issue...what the heck do I need to do with my server...running IIS

Or what does my developer need to do to our code ?

Any help is appreciated

FYI, I have already enabled compression in the IIS6 services

IIS usually have very detail error message, most of the time a google search will give you a solution.

If you have access to the server, the simple way is to login to the server and open the URL on a web browser and it will download the cert to the server.

Unfortunatly no error's with IIS itself. All we did was enable compression on our IIS.

I just logged into the server, and browsed to the internet....still nothing.

I'm at a loss....

so how did you know it is an error with SSL cert?

And on the browser did the authorize.net site show up?

Because the issue was fixed after enabling compression on the 22nd due to the certificate update.

So your saying browse to authorize.net site in order to get the new certificate?

I apologize for being a newb with this but my developers aren't availible that typically handle this.

When I browse to authorze.net on the server only about half the page actually loads and shows.

Thanks for your help as authorize hasnn't been much help

Now i'm looking through my certs on my server and I do see the entrust.net secure server certificate as well as the Entrust cert authority, both under trusted root cert authorities and both not expired....