cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorize only transaction using DPM Then capture transaction with CIM

Is this possible? The website/web server collects CC payment and authorize only using DPM.

A separate application/server will use CIM to capture the transactions.

Do you need customer profiles using CIM to capture transactions?

DPM does not create any type of customer profile.

Is this possible?

vincet
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To clarify, CIM and DPM do not work together.  You would use either CIM or DPM.  If you started with an authorization only transaction with DPM, you could use AIM to perform a Prior Authorization and Capture.

Richard

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Yes is possible, just change the type to x_type = auth_only

Then use AIM to do a x_type = PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE with the transactionID return from the DPM auth_only

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

So the application that uses CIM must also use AIM just for the capture payments from the DPM Authorize only?

To clarify, CIM and DPM do not work together.  You would use either CIM or DPM.  If you started with an authorization only transaction with DPM, you could use AIM to perform a Prior Authorization and Capture.

Richard

Wait, Are you using DPM or CIM? They are different. DPM run on Authorize.net, and you can't create payment profile.

For DPM, use AIM to capture. The reason for using AIM is that you don't need to create a front end(webpage) for the capture.

For CIM, you can use either CIM or AIM.

We use DPM on the front end so the web server, machine A, does not fall into PCI compliance scope.

There is already a separate application using CIM on separate machine B for capturing authorization.

CIM is used for other payment transactions. i.e. a call center.

It sounds like we'll either need the to have machine A use CIM to capture pre authorizations and create needed profile IDs

It will fall into more PCI compliance rules, if we don't use the hosted form. Which we don't plan on using.

Or 

Have machine B use AIM just for the transactions made through DPM on machine B.

I just read the CIM documentation on the createcustomerprofiletransaction on PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE

Although it didn't said the payment profile ID and customer profile ID are optional. It did state that

If a value is submitted for this field, it must be the same ID used for the original authorization transaction
So I guess you could test that and see if it works with just the transactionID.

else I would pick

Have machine B use AIM just for the transactions made through DPM on machine B.

Tested this and CIM and DPM are not compatible. We were not able to capture DPM auth only transactions using CIM.