cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Receipt - USER ID OR NAME please add it

In a company as large as Guardian Fueling Technologies we have multiple users keying credit card payments.  As the administrator of this site, I would like internal staff that keys the card to have their names listed on each receipt transaction.  This will help me identify employees that don’t key CC payment properly.  This would help us greatly and I request that you add this to your current format.  If you see below I add an example of how the document should look.  Adding the user id to the ORDER INFORMATION area.

========= SECURITY STATEMENT ==========

It is not recommended that you ship product(s) or otherwise grant services relying solely upon this e-mail receipt.

========= GENERAL INFORMATION =========

Merchant: Guardian Fueling Technologies (957260) Date/Time: 16-Mar-2018 12:11:59 PDT

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========

Invoice: SRVCE2134649

Description: Goods or Services

Amount: 110.00 (USD)

Payment Method: Visa xxxx9902

Transaction Type: Authorization and Capture

USER ID:  MOORE-300 or Tony Moore

USER OFFICE: Tampa Branch

============== Line Items ==============

============== RESULTS ==============

Response: This transaction has been approved.

Auth Code: 059419

Transaction ID: 61004214972

Address Verification: Street Address: Match -- First 5 Digits of Zip: Match

==== CUSTOMER BILLING INFORMATION ===

Customer ID: CIT0070

First Name: John

Last Name: Handcock

Company: City of Tampa

Address: 1234 Your Street

City: Tampa

State/Province: FL

Zip/Postal Code: 33602

Phone:

Fax:

E-Mail: frank.pfister@tampagov.net

==== CUSTOMER SHIPPING INFORMATION ===

First Name:

Last Name:

Company:

Address:

City:

State/Province:

Zip/Postal Code:

======= ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ======

Tax: 0.00

Duty:

Freight:

Tax Exempt: Yes

PO Number:

mnicolitz
1 REPLY 1

Hi mnicolitz

You can already do this, depending on which connection method you are using to submit the transactions to us. You would use userFields (also known as merchant defined fields) as documented within our API Reference Guide. These fields will display on merchant transaction email receipts, but not customer email receipts and will not be stored in your Authorize.Net account. They are only passed back in the transaction response and found on the merchant email receipt. 

Here is th excerpt from the API Reference Guide which refers to these userFields:

userFields These elements may be used to pass through information, such as session IDs and order details. The merchant will receive these elements in the response, exactly as it was submitted in the request. Authorize.Net will not store these values.

Do not use these fields to pass through sensitive details as doing so may be a violation of the PCI Data Security Standard.

userField The element for individual user-defined fields. Contains the name and valuechild elements.

Up to 20 userField elements may be submitted per request.
String.

name Name of the user-defined field.

User reference field provided for the merchant’s use. The merchant will receive this field in the response, exactly as it was submitted in the request. Authorize.Net will not store this value.
String.

value Value of the user-defined field.

User reference field provided for the merchant’s use. The merchant will receive this field in the response, exactly as it was submitted in the request. Authorize.Net will not store this value.
String.

I hope this information is useful to you, 

Thank you,

Elaine

ElaineM
Moderator Moderator