cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Retry Missed Payments

I am trying to understand how missed payments are handled with the ARB - Automatic retry feature

For example, lets say I have a monthly ARB subscription with 12 occurrences. Occurrence 1 and 2 processed fine, and then I have a payment error on occurrence 3. I don't resolve this payment error until occurence 6 (the subscription is suspended until 6 because of the payment error on 3). So, occurrences 3,4,5 have been missed. 

With auto-retry, after i fix my payment error, does occurence 3 get retried since that is the actual payment failure? And then does the subscription just go along its normal schedule, back to billing monthly?

Or,

Are all missed payments (3, 4, and 5) charged to the customer at once?

I've been referencing https://support.authorize.net/s/article/Automatic-Retry-Recurring-Billing-Feature-FAQ, and it talks about the failed payment. But not so much about missed payments - 4 and 5. 

Any help will be very much appreciated. 

Thanks

ksingh
9 REPLIES 9

hey AosTvApk,

Thanks for the reply. My question is more what happens to all missed payments when the suspended subscription lapses over several intervals. 

Will auto-retry also 'retry' all missed payments (not just the first, failed payment) after the subscription is made active again? 

The reason I am asking is because I recently had a customer fix their suspended account (I have auto-retry enabled). They took about 5 months to fix their credit card issue. As soon as the subscription was fixed, and became active, there were 5 charges occurring over 5 days from the subscription. 

ksingh

Hi ksingh

What you are describing is a currently known issue with Auto Retry enabled accounts. I would suggest opening a support case with our customer support by logging into your account: https://support.authorize.net/s/article/How-do-I-contact-Authorize-Net

Thank you,

Elaine

With Automatic Retry, your customer's subscriptions will not terminate due to payment failures and will remain in a suspended status until you update the subscription's payment details. Once updated, the subscription will automatically retry the failed payment in the subscription mcdvoice

Mackenzies

Is your issue resolved? I'm also facing the same issue Automatic Retry Missed Payments :( myinstantoffer 

emilapamo

@Mackenzies wrote:

With Automatic Retry, your customer's subscriptions will not terminate due to payment failures and will remain in a suspended status until you update the subscription's payment details. Once updated, the subscription will automatically retry the failed payment in the subscription mcdvoice

Thanks for sharing the information.

In research of human subjects, a survey is a list of questions aimed for extracting specific data from a particular group of people. Surveys may be conducted by phone, mail,
via the internet, and also at street corners or in malls.

https://survifier.com/ 
telldunkinbaskin survey 

tellculvers survey 

guestobsessed survey 

postalexperience com 

tjx canada  

tellcdntire survey 

tell mimis cafe survey 

firehouselistens survey 

qdobalistens survey 

bojangleslistens survey 

talktofoodlion survey 

acme markets survey 

papa murphys survey 

cholansurvey

In Droidsofttech, You can get all the latest updates about android apps, tricks, reviews, PC Apps, and all Tech Updates.

myntra customer care number 

dish TV Customer care number 

videocon d2h customer care number 
tata sky customer care number 
vodafone customer care number 
grofers customer care  

When a decline still happens, Recurly software works to turn the decline into an acceptance. We use two main tools:

• Automatic retries. Recurly retries the charge a number of times, using a flexible, optimized retry schedule.

• Dunning. Recurly uses a template to send a dunning email to your customer. You can change the look and the content of the email that’s sent (see my next post), the time gap between emails, and how long dunning goes on. (Automatic retries also stop when dunning stops.) 

LiteBlue

45Diorio

Activate OCBC Card: OCBC Bank will send debit cards and credit cards to cardholders in deactivated status. To activate OCBC credit cards, you will need to activate them. Have you recently received a debit or credit card? To use the credit card, you will need to activate it.