cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic page redirection after successful order

I have successfully implement SIM. After successful order execution, It shows link on receipt page to go back to our main site. At our main site, there is code to process order and send confirmation emails. The problem is that some time user click on the link 'click here to go back to our site' and sometime they don't. What I want is to implement some automatic redirection to our website after an order has been executed

presario
17 REPLIES 17

Use relay response. That way they are taken back to that page automatically.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

relay response is not redirecting it the way I want it to be. It tries to open that page which I mentioned in relay response setting but base url remains same which is "https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll"

my situation is this:-

i have a page mail.php and after entering credit card information at authorize.net, i want my user to be automatically redirected at mail.php which resides at my site. mail.php send user an order confirmation from our store.

The base URL stays the same but the page is yours. That means you have control over it and don't have to worry about redirects. If the base URL being different is an issue you probably shouldn't be using SIM anyway since they leave your site altogether.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

In this way, It would require me to configure extra options. All my shopping routines are running successfully. All I need is just a simple automated redirection after authorize.net displays a sucessful transaction receipt. Using relay response, It does show my page but all images are missing and neither does it send email.
I want to save time

If the images are missing then your HTML is incorrect as Authnet doesn't do anything to prvent them from loading. Also, with relay response you can send emails since the page is actually hosted on your server and can do anything your website is capable of doing.

under normal routine, there are no missing images. If I place some text for user to return back to my site, everything seems to work fine. It is not showing images only when I use relay response.

Can you please provide me link to tutorials, manuals to setup payment routine with relay response?

I’m using SIM and I was having the same problem of images missing until I use absolute paths to show them, now I’m having another problem: when the user finish in the payment form and Authorize is going to show my receipt page, Internet Explorer shows a sign telling that some content is not coming from a secure source (of course, my images are on my site and we are not using https) There any way Authorize can redirect the user back to my site? Or at least there is any way I can avoid this message from the web browser?

Your links will have to be in absolute URLs as the page will be loaded in Authnet's domain so any relative links will be relative it. There is no way around that.

To avoid the IE message you will need to put your images behind an SSL certificate so they are loaded securely as well. Otherwise they will be loaded over http and will generate that error message.

If you want full control over the receipt page you will need to use AIM. With SIM you can either use the hosted thank you page or relay response, both of which have significant drawbacks.

Kinda silly dont ya think? So either get SSL to host images/files, or just get SSL to put the form (your own) itself on your site. Talk about a no win situation eh? Not your fault, I blame IE. Security so tight up the butt, a pin needle can not get through. Leaves no room for imagination, creativity and workarounds.

Sad, very sad. All works well in FF. But IE, destroys css style to 'st#le'.

<st#le type=text/css media=all>

&

<li#k href