cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner trying to integrate eCheck into my C# project.

Hello, I'm currently a beginner with eChecks and I'm having some trouble starting off with the integration of Authorize.net's eCheck system into my C# project.

I read through the API documentation and references but I am still unsure of how to start.

Also, I have a few questions pertaining to the eCheck system offered here:

1.  Can anyone provide me with some link for me to refer so that I can start integrating it into my C# project?

2. For the eCheck system, in the real world, once I send in the request for the eCheck, it'll take a few days for the bank to process the cheque. For this API, do I need to wait for a few days for the eCheck to process or will it be instant?

3. Is it possible to only have an eCheck system, excluding the direct payment gateway?

Please help! Thank you so much. 

Bryan1908
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Bryan1908

We have sample code for accepting a check payment on GitHub, I would suggest starting there:

https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sample-code-csharp/blob/master/PaymentTransactions/DebitBankAccount....

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Bryan1908

We have sample code for accepting a check payment on GitHub, I would suggest starting there:

https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sample-code-csharp/blob/master/PaymentTransactions/DebitBankAccount....

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Good Morning @RichardH,

Thank you for your help! I have looked through the sample code. After running it on my website, nothing happens, but the response variable is successful. I was hoping for the sandbox page to pop up to key in the bank account details of the buyer and send it out in eCheck form.

Before this, I made a sandbox payment gateway for PayPal and the payment page to select which credit card to use to pay popped up after clicking on "Check Out" in my website. Is something similar supposed to happen when using authorize.net's gateway as well?

I appreciate your help but I hope you can help me again. Thanks!

Addition: I checked the sandbox account history and found the transaction. Now it's pending, but is there any way for me to change the status of the eCheck to "Accepted" instead? I don't think I can tell the bank to accept it for me anyways haha.

I started a .Net c# app to make an API call to get the transaction list. But got this error.

CS0246 - thE Type or Namespace name 'Authorize.Net' could not be found..

How can I fix this error?

Thanks

joe01usa