cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to call transaction details API for real-time updates

I recently started using the transaction details API and have been able to succesfully pull the data ... the issue I am running into now is the load speed to run a script to check for updates on old transactions and to pull unsettled + newest batch information.

What is the best way to automate this process, on my website, to receive automatic updates on updates / new transactions / etc...in real time?

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @authnetapi2015

Are you reading and storing details from the transaction response in your system?  For example, using the Transaction ID, you can query for the transaction details direclty without having to parse through settled/unsettled transactions from your database.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

In auth.net, once a transaction is settled can it be updated or does every update issue a new transaction ID and reference ID the old transaction?

You can NOT update an settled transaction.

Let backup a little, what are you trying to update?

THe system connected to the api is not trying to update, it is looking for updates to the transactions

script 1 => update to unsettled transactions

script 2 => updates to batch list (for new batch outs)

script 3 => updates to existing orders (settled transactions).

i wasnt sure about script 3, as it seems off to me that a transaction would be "updated" but then though, can customer data be updated?  I know that if a specific transaction is refunded or canceled, it would generate a new transaction...

so brings me back to, for script 3, is it even necessary?  or is just script 1 + 2 enough?