cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Card Code Response - Only AmEx Cards

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with one of my clients who is seeing that Amex cards are being rejected by our system unless the CID number is omitted.  The reason for this is our system generates an error if the CID/CVV Response Code from Authorize comes back blank, but will continue to process if no CID/CVV is entered at all.

The thing is, the Response Code is only coming back blank for AmEx cards.  All other card types I see do come back with the proper Response Code.  A couple of threads here suggest that this is an AmEx setting that needs to be turned on, but I had my client talk with AmEx and they're saying that there is no setting to trun on for CID verficiation: "There is nothing to “turn on” at American Express with CID acceptance.  We recognize when that value is populated in the authorization message and react appropriately, including sending a CID response/match code."

That representative also suggested talking to the merchant account acquirer who it says they might not be sending the code along to Authorize.  Does anyone have any experience with this and whether that might be the case, or have any other ideas?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

VAnderson
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @VAnderson

It doesn't look like anyone has responded yet, but someone still may have feedback on what you're looking for. I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if anyone else from the community is able to respond with any comments. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hello Richard, thanks for the response.  I am unable to Subscribe though, as when I try the option is greyed out.

Also, if nobody responds to this do I have any other avenues to discuss this with someone?  This has been an ongoing issue and I need to talk with someone who can help me resolve this as quickly as psosible.  Thanks again!