cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Page upon clicking "submit" on 2 different integration sites

Hi there,

My name is Kate and I'm a photographer, not a developer. Just thought I should say that off the bat! I use authorize.net with two different integration services. I'm having some issues with clients reporting with both services that when they hit submit on their orders they receive a blank page - no matter how many times they try. I'm hoping someone can help me ask the correct questions to the companies I use that integrate with authorize.net.

One company is called "RedCart" - they are a shopping cart (hosted by site5 at URL: crabapplephotographyclients.com) that uses SIM integration that uses relay response. From what they say, the page that the client hits the "submit" button on is authorize.net's What's happening: well two clients have reported within a 24 hour period that they click the submit button and the page simply goes blank. one client said it looked like the page was cycling forever and nothing ever happened. This happened to another client last week. RedCart cannot replicate it and I do have other orders coming through. I would 100% blame user error and call it a fluke. However, it happens with my other service as well ...

I also use a company called "Tave" that is a photo studio management system (hosted online at tave.com). They use an AIM integration method. They just recently did a huge overall of their system so I immediately assumed it was them. But they mentioned that the page clients click when they hit the "pay now" button is authorize.net's and it's out of their control at that point so they can't help me. Client's report they click the pay now button and just get a blank page - nothing in the URL, and they try several times with the same result. Seems to be any and all browsers, not just one. I usually call the client, go to the exact same page they tried using (on my Firefox or Safari ) and enter the c.c. information and it goes through. Sometimes I go straight to virtual terminal though I haven't tried every single one this way. So I've not been able to replicate the problem. But it keeps happening. The problem is a lot worse with Tave than RedCart at the moment.

I tried live chat with authorize.net but ultimately the tech blamed me and said my server is having timeout issues. But I can't see how it's that when both sites are hosted on different servers and use different methods of talking with authorize.net and I have no clue what's going on with the code. All companies involved seem to blame the other party. I'm kind of stuck in the middle with a gigantic customer service problem. If anyone could help me to ask the right questions to these companies and / or someone at authorize.net who can look into what's going on on authorize.net's end, it would be so, so, so, so helpful!

I'm sorry I don't have more information. If there is something I can find out from one of the companies I will ask.

Thank you,

Kate

katiejaussie
3 REPLIES 3

It's impossible to even guess at what might be the problem without more information on how these shopping carts are configured.  I think the first question would be to try and determine which Authorize.Net API they are using.

When the customer is entering their credit card details, are they still on your site or have they been directed to a payment form hosted by Authorize.Net?  This can be determined by simply going to the payment form and looking at the URL displayed in your browser.

Trevor
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. One uses SIM and the URL of the page where the c.c. info is submitted is https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll. In all reality I receive far less complaints / problems with this one.

However, the other cart uses AIM and the form where the client fills out the info is not an authorize.net address (https://crabapplephotography.tave.com/Proposal/ThankYou/3QeBgPvIEc3m/6qgtLot4aRmO). I just ran a test .01 transaction and when "submit" the site appears to think for a second, then the URL changes to https://crabapplephotography.tave.com/Proposal/ThankYou/P2SuefRvdrmk/5jispp92RNGN. So contrary to above, I can't see any information in the URL or how far it might get.  Trust me, I have brought this to their attention. There response has been: "At that point the information is submitted to authorize.net so it could actually be an issue with their servers rather than a problem on our end."

I definitely wish I understood this more. Is it true that although the page name is not authorize.net it is still hosted by authorize.net? Thanks for anyone is who is listening / willing to help.

Kate

well two clients have reported within a 24 hour period that they click the submit button and the page simply goes blank.

Did the transaction gone thru, meaning did their credit card get charge when the page goes blank?

But they mentioned that the page clients click when they hit the "pay now" button is authorize.net's and it's out of their control at that point so they can't help me. Client's report they click the pay now button and just get a blank page - nothing in the URL, and they try several times with the same result.

This is how AIM work. If they said it out of their control, either they didn't handle exception correctly or doing something wrong. On the https://crabapplephotography.tave.com/Pay/CreditCard?ID=0Z5C6dTG page the form is posting to "Pay/CreditCard?ID=0Z5C6dTG" which is on https://crabapplephotography.tave.com and not authorize.net.

I usually call the client, go to the exact same page they tried using (on my Firefox or Safari ) and enter the c.c. information and it goes through.

It might be something in the billing address on the form that is causing a problem for them. Did you put in the exactly same info, or have your client restart fresh and make sure they didn't put in something wrong?