cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC expiration Date question

Hello

I am using AIM SDK to test simple transaction.  I have noticed that transaction is approved  even with incorrect expiration date for CC.  Am I missing something?  Below is a snippet  of code I am using.   when I run the application I use a valid CC number and CCV code.  Expiration date is not that same as CC I am using.

Thanks in Advance

Credit Card Number:  <asp:TextBox ID="x_card_num" runat="server" 
            Text="4111111111111111" Height="20px" Width="121px"></asp:TextBox> 
  CCV Code:  <asp:TextBox ID="x_card_code" runat="server" Text="000000000" 
            MaxLength="4" style="margin-left0px" Width="40px"></asp:TextBox> 
  Expiration date:  MMYY  <asp:TextBox ID="x_exp_date" runat="server" Text="0115" 
            MaxLength="4" style="margin-left67px" Width="50px"></asp:TextBox> 
   Amount <asp:TextBox ID="x_amount" runat="server" Text="19.99"></asp:TextBox> 
  Dim gate = OpenGateway()
  Dim apiRequest = CheckoutFormReaders.BuildAuthAndCaptureFromPost()
   Dim response = gate.Send(apiRequest)

If response.Approved Then
            lbMessage.Text = " approved" & response.Message
        Else
            lbMessage.Text = "not approved" & response.Message
        End If

neilz
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is not a coding issue. The credit card issuing bank does not always decline a transaction because of an invalid expiration date. So you may have an invalid expiration date but still get the transaction approved.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

View solution in original post

stymiee
Expert
Expert
10 REPLIES 10

This is not a coding issue. The credit card issuing bank does not always decline a transaction because of an invalid expiration date. So you may have an invalid expiration date but still get the transaction approved.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything.

Hi,

even i am facing the same scenario,

But i dont understand why we have been provided with an option of Declining a transaction 

when CCV is wrong in the merchant interface.?

And what is the process where the merchant recieves the funds to his bank from which he could withdraw it?

and how can we know what is the outstanding amount we have with the authorize.Net through

merchant interface?

Regards

Qadeer

But i dont understand why we have been provided with an option of Declining a transaction 

when CCV is wrong in the merchant interface.?

Because sometime the business you work with want to limit fraudulent transaction. And the issuer bank might or might not decline the transaction based on CCV response.

And what is the process where the merchant recieves the funds to his bank from which he could withdraw it?

Once the transaction is captured and settled, the merchant can withdraw it.

and how can we know what is the outstanding amount we have with the authorize.Net through

merchant interface?

you mean like a total of all? you can login to the account and total all the unsettled transactions.  Or you could use Transaction Details API GetUnsettledTransactionList.

ok,. 
Q 1 . Does it means that all the settle transactions amount are being deposited automatically to the merchant's 

bank account ?

the bank account which is registered with the merchant account.

And 

Q2. so is there a way to validate the API and transaction key before I store into my database??

My use case is like i am storing API login and transaction key in database and for every transaction

am fetching it and sending it to authorize.net (SIM API).

1)I not on the financial dept but I would think so.

2)Use it for test transaction with x_test_request=false, if it is not responsing with loginID/TransactionKey error, it valid.

We are going live this week end, so it would be great to get the clarification right,.

1. I am still not clear of how will the merchant get the funds from authorize.net?

2. For Live Instances is the text box field x_test_request=false works,. Or this field should be set to true??

1)They don't get fund from authorize.net.

Look at how payments process works

http://developer.authorize.net/payments101/

2)x_test_request need to be false for real live transactions.

Hi, 
I am using SIM API.

the payment form accepts the same transaction multiple times.

does not validate for the duplicate transaction.

tried with the sample code also.. does accept more than once.

Kindly do help,