cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCV Verification in test mode

Hello,

I will go straight to the problem.

I'm in a test account.

In acount settings -> secure settings -> card code verification I have checked  Decline for N Does NOT Match

In account settings->transaction format settings -> form fields for payment information -> card code I've checked edit and required.

When I go to blling form to process a test transaction there is no difference whether I have filled in wrong CCV or correct CCV, the result is always the same - response status OK and transaction ID.  Why is this happens? Why this filter for checking the correct CCV code doesn't work? Maybe I've missed something? I'm using the test card with verification code 782 and card number 6011000000000012. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

somedev
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With a non-matching CVV code or  non-matching Zip code, you will still get a resultCode of Ok

<resultCode>
      Ok
    </resultCode>

although the transaction is declined, as indicated by the cvvResultCode

<cvvResultCode>
      N
    </cvvResultCode>

and the errorText

<errorText>
          This transaction has been declined.
        </errorText>

or in the case of a non-matching Zip code, the avsResultCode

<avsResultCode>
      N
    </avsResultCode>

and the errorText

<errorText>
          The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.
        </errorText>

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

For testing CCV. Read

Triggering Specific Transaction Responses Using Test Account

Use CC#4222222222222222

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Hello Everyone,

I have done some security settings for CCV & AVS on sandbox authorize.net. I have used `authorizeCreditCard`  API for validating these things(AVS & AVS). I have passed all the data like credit card no, expire date, ccv value, cardholder name, address & zipcode etc. in the API.

We shows the response message  retured by API to our users. Every time, we got status OK, We are unable to validate address & zipcode that is associated with that credit card.

If user puts in a credit card number with a zip code & address not registered to that credit card then there should be an error message.

Please help me.
Waiting for you replay.

Thank you!

praveenkumar

With a non-matching CVV code or  non-matching Zip code, you will still get a resultCode of Ok

<resultCode>
      Ok
    </resultCode>

although the transaction is declined, as indicated by the cvvResultCode

<cvvResultCode>
      N
    </cvvResultCode>

and the errorText

<errorText>
          This transaction has been declined.
        </errorText>

or in the case of a non-matching Zip code, the avsResultCode

<avsResultCode>
      N
    </avsResultCode>

and the errorText

<errorText>
          The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.
        </errorText>