cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHOOSING API

In my legal services business, I invoice my clients via email. I want to be able to link to my site from the email, and be able to pay from there. I do not want to store any of my customers' data locally. Which API would be best?

marcjaco
2 REPLIES 2

Server Integration Method (SIM) is the API that you will want to use if you don't want to touch the customer's data at all.

Trevor
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

None of the API's involve actually storing the data locally. AIM, CIM, and ARB do involve credit card data being passed through your site, so if you don't want to get into that, you're left with DPM, SIM, and hosted CIM. You don't need hosted CIM for single payments, so it's pretty much a choice between DPM and SIM, with DPM giving you more control over the look and having the payment form display on your site (though it submits to Authorize.net and no credit card data passes through your site), and SIM requiring less work to implement and no SSL (technically, DPM doesn't require SSL either, but nobody's going to fill out credit card information on an http:// URL).