cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM - ASP/VBScript - Sudden E000001 with no change to Util.asp

It's probably just late and so I'm not seeing something, but the code that generates my XML statement didn't change and the util.asp file with the send command didn't change, nothing on my server changed, but I'm suddenly getting an error. (Obviously, something must have changed somehow, because it's not working. lol):

Here's what the feedback looks like:

API URL: https://apitest.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api

Raw request:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<createCustomerProfileRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
<merchantAuthentication>
<name>xxxxxxxxxx</name
<transactionKey>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</transactionKey>
</merchantAuthentication>
<profile>
<merchantCustomerId>272518</merchantCustomerId>
</profile>
</createCustomerProfileRequest>

Raw response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<createCustomerProfileResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
<messages>
<resultCode>
Error
</resultCode>
<message>
<code>
E00001
</code>
<text>
An error occurred during processing. Please try again.
</text>
</message>
</messages>
<customerPaymentProfileIdList />
<customerShippingAddressIdList />
<validationDirectResponseList />
</createCustomerProfileResponse>

It takes a long time to get the error back - feels like a time out, almost. I rebooted my server, and it didn't help.

Earlier today in another part of the system (the part that retrieves a list of customer credit cards) I suddenly started getting the error "The download of the specified resource has failed", and again, it with no changes to the code. Seriously - one second it loaded fine, the next second it did not. I fixed that with a suggestion from a post here (change Set objHTTP = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")" to
Set objHTTP = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")...included that here in case someone is searching for that error), but that didn't work for this other problem.

I'm lost.

It must be something obvious, but I'm just not seeing it.

Any clues?

Thanks so much,

Julie

Julie
Contributor
18 REPLIES 18

We started experiencing this last night aroun d 8pm EST. We can't use existing CIM profiles or create new ones with either the API or the website.

Can you verify what the actual timeout time is? I've heard both 10 seconds and 30 seconds.

Thank you!!!

What timeout in particular are you referring to?  The timeout mentioned in this thread was an internal timeout within the Authorize.Net test system and is not something that you should need to account for.

Not sure on that, but it'd be useful to know, for instance, how long to wait when processing multiple charges in sequence. If no response comes back in 10 seconds, is it never going to come back? How about 30 seconds? How about when creating or updating a profile?

Internally, we time out a transaction after approximately 2 minutes.  However, the average transaction time within our system is well under 2 seconds and the possible sets of circumstances that would be required for it to get anywhere near that limit are extremely limited. It is also worth mentioning that I can't guarantee that we wont' change that limit in the future without notice.

The other main factor in a transaction time lifespan would be the communication timeout for when we send you the transaction results.  The timeout for that communication for most API connections is 30 seconds. Again, there are limited situations where it could take that long.  If we fail to resolve a connection to you or the connection is interrupted, we give up immediately.  It would only hit 30 seconds if it is taking a very long time just to establish a connection.

Hmm. Would it be safe to, for instance, have a process time out on our end after 10 seconds, then retry with the same information, and if it gets back a duplicate transaction error, assume that it went through? What about relay response? Do we need to set the timeout on that to 2 minutes just to be safe?

It should almost always be safe to have a transaction time out after 10 seconds, but it's probably better to put it to at least 20.  I actually have personally never seen a transaction take more than 10 seconds, but it does occur very infrequently.  If the transaction takes over 20 seconds, it is a very good bet that the transaction has failed or that the response failed.  However, it is not safe to assume that a transaction went through if you get a duplicate transaction response.  This would confirm that the transaction was processed, but it very well might have been declined.

Relay response is an asynchronous process.  The customer always must leave your system and then come back, so generally I wouldn't expect a strict transaction timeout to be set on your side at all. The customer session might time out, but that is usually outside the scope of the transaction lifespan.

I'm talking about the page that you use in ARB to receive the transaction info when payments process through automatically. Not sure if the correct term for that is relay response or callback or what.

Should I specify a timeout in the

getHostedProfilePageRequest?

Thanks,

Monique