cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM: Allowing duplicate payment transactions

I appreciate any help in advance.  As of about 3 days ago the CIM api has been creating duplicate authorization transaction randomly for the exact same transactions (same invoice number etc).  It doesnt seem to have any pattern as to when it happens, and we havent had any code changes on our application since October.

To try to stop this I am trying to add x_duplicate_window of 5 seconds to try to stop this; however, I can't seem to get it to work.  Below is the xml I am trying to send with no luck.  Anyone have any idea the format of how I am supposed to send this to stop these duplicate authorization transactions?

<createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
    <merchantAuthentication>
        <name>ACCOUNT_ID</name>
        <transactionKey>TRANS_KEY</transactionKey>
    </merchantAuthentication>
    <refId></refId>
    <transaction>
        <profileTransAuthOnly>
            <amount>5.97</amount>
            <customerProfileId>CUST_PROFILE</customerProfileId>
            <customerPaymentProfileId>PAY_PROFILE</customerPaymentProfileId>
            <order>
                <invoiceNumber>4032486</invoiceNumber>
                <description></description>
                <purchaseOrderNumber></purchaseOrderNumber>
            </order>
        </profileTransAuthOnly>
    </transaction>
    <extraOptions><![CDATA[x_duplicate_window=10]]></extraOptions>
</createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest>
mrosenello
1 REPLY 1

Hi mrosenello,

The default duplicate transaction window for all transactions is 120 seconds. So, unless you weren't previously setting the window to 0, identical transactions could not have been created within 2 minutes of one another. I would recommend that you reach out to developer@authorize.net so that you can provide some specific transaction IDs that we can look at.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator