cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM Customer Profile creation - Duplicate Profile created for same card

Hi,

I performed a payment Profile registration for the same card by invoking the hosted form one transaction after another. I can see that 2 different payment profile are created even though the details for the cards are exactly the same.

25524279   History  |  Edit  |  Delete

LMN OPQ
LMN COMP
2558 N 123th ST
WAUWATOSA, WI USA
USA  

Phone: 4144297806
CC: XXXX0002
Expiration Date: 10/17

25524338   History  |  Edit  |  Delete

LMN OPQ
LMN COMP
2558 N 123th ST
WAUWATOSA, WI 53226
USA  

Phone: 4144297806
CC: XXXX0002
Expiration Date: 10/17

How can I avoid this, my issue is as below:

- While creating the payment profile using hosted form there is no way of me to know what payment profileid was created as no response is sent back by CIM.

- The getCustomerProfile service returns the payment profile details but as I do not have the payment profileId I have to make the assumption that the one that does not exist in my database is the latest profile that was created.

nitinb123
Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

are those 2 payment profiles on the same customer profile?

the fields that they use for dup check is in the doc under "Duplicate Profile Verification"

http://developer.authorize.net/api/cim/

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Hi Joy,

Thanks for the response.

- To answer your first question, yes the 2 profiles are for the same customer id

- I checked the reference you provided and double checked the data I had provided, it looked like the address did not match exactly and due to this a newprofile was created.

- But still I have one question as per my understanding the credit card numbers are unique across the card industry, shouldn't it be considered as the first step towards CC verification and then go for other verifcation if required.