cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM: Duplicate Payment Profile

Hi All,

We are trying to use WHMCS billing software and Authorize.net CIM.  Here is what we are trying to do:

The customer goes into WHMCS and enters their cc information.  We then store the information in Authorize.net CIM (and only the last 4 digits in WHMCS).  When a recurring billing invoice is created in WHMCS, the WHMCS system contacts Authorize.net CIM and the card is charged. 

It is my undestanding that the gateway token that is created for that customer in Authorize.net (the token is stored in WHMCS) *should* allow WHMCS to contact Authorize.net CIM and then Authorize.net shoudl charge the card on file.  But this is not happening.  Instead, we are receiving the error "Credit card number is required." in the WHMCS gateway log.  I am assuming that this error is because the full credit card is no longer stored in WHMCS (only the last 4 digits are stored in WHMCS).

What am I doing wrong?  I want WHMCS to contact Authorize.net CIM to charge the card on file at Authorize.net when an invoice is created for that customer.

KatrinaT
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

http://docs.whmcs.com/Authorize.net#Supported_Features_2

To use this with WHMCS, simply activate the Authorize.net CIM module in the gateway configuration area, and deactivate the standard Authorize.net module if already using it, and then the card details will no longer be stored locally in your WHMCS database following each clients next transaction following the activation.

You probably get more support from whmcs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The customer profile id with their payment profile id is enough to create a transaction.

Is the WHMCS software using the correct method call? it should be CreateCustomerProfileTransaction

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Hi RaynorC1emen7,

I am not sure what call method is being used.  Do you have any idea how I could check?

Thanks,

Katrina

http://docs.whmcs.com/Authorize.net#Supported_Features_2

To use this with WHMCS, simply activate the Authorize.net CIM module in the gateway configuration area, and deactivate the standard Authorize.net module if already using it, and then the card details will no longer be stored locally in your WHMCS database following each clients next transaction following the activation.

You probably get more support from whmcs.

THANK YOU, RaynorC1emen7!!!  That worked! :-)