cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM Hosted Form ValidationMode

What is the underlying purpose or realistic application of the "testMode" setting of the hostedProfileValidationMode. All it does is make sure the card number is valid, correct? If it were a canceled card,would it still be accepted as a valid payment profile?

rts
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Or, yeah testmode on the hosted form and do livemode on ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

yes, it only check for Luhn algorithm, so canceled card, or test card# would be valid, with "testmode"

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thanks. 

I am using CIM XML with iFrame hosted form.

If my application needs to verify that the credit card is valid upon closing of the hosted form, is the only way to do that to send a ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile in liveMode? I want to use liveMode in the getHostedProfilePageRequest to have AuthNet verify the card is valid before the hosted form is closed. By doing this, there are two  $.01  charges generated. 

Is the only way to avoid the two charges to use testMode in the getHostedProfilePageRequest and leave the responsibility of validating the card to my application (using ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile)? 

Or just use livemode on getHostedProfilePageRequest and skip the ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile 

If I skip the ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile, how can my application know if a valid credit card was entered when the payment form popup closes? I use that info to determine wether or not to reactivate their subscription. 

ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile mean you need to have a payment profile ID. Where are you going to get that?

Or, yeah testmode on the hosted form and do livemode on ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile

I guess that is the answer although there just seems to be something wrong about letting someone enter invalid card info and saving it as a Payment Profile and then validating it after the fact.