cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM: Migrating To Another Authorize.Net Account

Currently, we authenticate with a Login ID and a Transaction Key for our connections to Authorize.Net and CIM.

We're considering switching our system to a different merchant, who wants us to move to a new account on Authorize.Net.

That would (I assume) result in a new Login ID and Transaction Key.

How does that affect CIM?  Is there a way for Authorize.Net to move our data from the old account to the new one and all of the existing CIM IDs remain unchanged?  Or is our only option the incredibly-unpractical method of attempting to capture all of the credit card information again from our customers?

kevinfairchild
Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

Hey kevinfairchild,

You are right, you would have a new API Login ID and Transaction Key with the new Authorize.Net account. And unfortunately, since we cannot export your customers' payment data, this would mean starting over with re-collecting it all again.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Michelle
All Star

Is there any way to accomplish this - moving CIM customer and payment profiles already set up in CIM from one payment gateway account to another, without having to get the customer to provide their credit card information again?  Without that capability, anyone using CIM is basically locked into their merchant account, where the merchant set up the payment gateway account, which is usually the case, allowing them to rake us for fees far in excess of interchange fees.  Can authorize.net do anything internally to move profiles over (for a fee even, since the cost of the wrong merchant provider is often thousands of dollars a year).  Any creative way to accomplish this effect, or failing that to transfer an authorize.net payment gateway account into the business's name instead of the merchant's name?

wiltshs
Contributor

Hello @wiltshs 

While I can confirm the answer Michelle provided in the earlier post is still correct, I would recommend contacting our CS department to discuss your situation.

Richard

Thank you Richard very much.

Very interested how this turns out for you as we are considering CIM for our customer payment data but hate the thought of being tied to a single merchant.  Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

Doug