cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CIM Payment and multiple merchants

Hey everyone. Have a weird scenario that i'm trying to figure out. In my application I am going to have serveral clients, all of which will have separate Authorize.net accounts. I want to accept payments through my application and pay the appropriate account. I want to store the user's payment information through CIM on my account.

My obvious problem is that I do not think authorize will allow me to send the payment to different account dynamically through the api. It looks like I'm going to have to store each client's authorize tokens on my end, and make API calls using their information. Is this correct? 

And along with that, it seems that using a CIM payment method will not allow me to "choose" who I bill to. So I think i'm going to be forced to simply call for the user's payment info through an api call with my tokens, and then do an API call with the client tokens to make a payment. 

So I'm wondering if anyone can verify these restrictions or let me know if there's something I might have missed. Thank you!

nicks2319
2 REPLIES 2

Hopefully the stores are separate from each other, in which case it's as simple as having all the store owner Authorize.net credentials stored somewhere and then choosing which to bill based on which store the customer is coming from. If you have one big store, however, and people might mix and match items from multiple clients, then you have a real problem, since you can obviously only collect money into one account at a time, and Authorize.net doesn't support money transfers.

You might try going to one of the larger branches of your local bank and asking them about ACH (Automated Clearing House) and if they offer an API for interfacing with same. A lot of banks offer limited-transfer systems for payroll or things like this, where the people you're transferring to have to be set up manually and there are only a small number allowed. You would collect all the money into one Authorize.net account, keep track of who gets what in your database, then send out regular money transfers to each client minus your cut.

TJPride
Expert

They will be separate stores, so the first solution would work. It just seemed odd to me to do API calls with different credentials for each transaction, but maybe that's the best solution. Thank you!