cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM Popup getting Page Not Found in Chrome.

I'm using the Customer Information Manager secure popup functionality and, for some reason, I, my client, and our customers are intermittently getting Page Not Found messages when opening the popup in Chrome. The request is actually getting a 404 header response, and going directly to https://secure.authorize.net/profile/editPayment returns the same message.

After a few minutes, the issue resolves itself and both locations return the correct page (the direct link returns a Missing or invalid token error, but it is the correct page). The people receiving this error are spread out across the U.S. on multiple different ISPs, so it's not likely a network connectivity issue unless it's on AuthorizeNet's end.

Has anyone else been getting or had been getting this error and are there any solutions? Thanks!

NickSkvarla
23 REPLIES 23

That's one I haven't heard before, and I troll the forums a lot. Does this only happen with Chrome? Does everyone with Chrome have the problem? How many people have you tested with?

TJPride
Expert

I've only ever seen it happen with Chrome. From all the reports I've received from my client, there are about a dozen people so far who've experienced the issue.

Edit: It's happening right now (12-14-2011 09:22 EST)

Are you able to duplicate it using a developer account?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

Any correlation on the version of Chrome, or on any other factor between the customers having the problem? Has this started recently or is it something that was happening from the beginning?

I haven't tried as it only started appearing after we went live, but if I just go to https://secure.authorize.net/profile/editPayment directly in my browser, it's returning a 404 instead of the normal Missing or Invalid Token error. The other problem is it's intermittent, so I have to wait for it to break before I can test it, and it usually goes away after a few minutes.

When it does break, have you tried checking with Firefox and IE immediately and then with Chrome again to see if the other two work and Chrome is still saying there's a problem?

Oddly enough, it usually works in all other browsers, but continues to get a 404 in the affected browser. I spoke with my client, and apparently it's happening in Firefox and IE now, but it continues to only fail in one browser at a time. I'm at a loss and my client is starting to get upset. I don't think it's an issue with the code, as going directly to the secure popup URL on Authorize.Net's server gets the 404 as well.

Sounds like an odd Internet connectivity problem. Whether that's on your side or Authorize.net's side, I don't know. What would be really nice to know now is if everyone has an identical problem at the same time, or whether it's just certain people. Or to put it another way, next time you fail, have someone in a different state try to access it at the same exact time, or have a site hosted somewhere else try to contact that URL and see what it gets back. If that fails too, then it's Authorize.net; if it doesn't, then it's you.

I'm in upstate NY and my client's in GA and we never seem to experience the problem at the same time (when it's not working for him it's working for me and vice versa).