cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM Popup getting Page Not Found in Chrome.

I'm using the Customer Information Manager secure popup functionality and, for some reason, I, my client, and our customers are intermittently getting Page Not Found messages when opening the popup in Chrome. The request is actually getting a 404 header response, and going directly to https://secure.authorize.net/profile/editPayment returns the same message.

After a few minutes, the issue resolves itself and both locations return the correct page (the direct link returns a Missing or invalid token error, but it is the correct page). The people receiving this error are spread out across the U.S. on multiple different ISPs, so it's not likely a network connectivity issue unless it's on AuthorizeNet's end.

Has anyone else been getting or had been getting this error and are there any solutions? Thanks!

NickSkvarla
23 REPLIES 23

Well, I'd think it was bad nameservers at your ISP's, except 404 is page not found and not an error for unable to find site. I would tend to think it's something on Authorize.net's end.

What happens if you try to connect to https://secure.authorize.net and not that particular page when the error is happening? Does it come up?

Odd, now I'm getting the error. And the URL worked when you first posted. Something must be screwy on Authorize.net's end.

We actually just implemented CIM on our websites. We are also getting the 404 intermittently. I have seen it once a day and I am not trying to find it often. I just stumble on it while testing other things. I always start testing in IE8 which is where I got the issue. It seems to persist for a couple minutes and then trying again eventually resolves. I did just see a user her get that in Chrome as well. I called authorize and they dumped me here. We need someone from Authorize to chime in on this. If there are 3 of us getting the issue, there are likely hundreds more either not knowing or not reporting it on here. I think its a DNS or server issue on Authorize.net. I will start to log the times it occurs and post them back. I think it was about 10pm EST on 12/15/11 then again around 9:30am EST 12/16/11.

Authorize, are you listening? Please help. We run 10 retail websites. We can't not have people checkout for 5 minute intervals.

We just had it happen again in IE 8 at 12:05pm EST. By the time someone came back to me 2 minutes later and I tested it worked. We are using https://secure.authorizse.net/profile/manage

Hey there,

We've tried reproducing this error, but haven't been able to. Are you guys still seeing this?

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Not right now.

Yes. I just had it at 12/20/11 at 11:34am EST for about 2 minutes. I also had a customer email in a complaint becuase they where also getting a 404. That was sometime shortly before 11:05 pm on 12/19/11 (not sure of his timezone). He said he then tried it again from his iPad and it worked. I have tried it on multiple computers here at our office and it fails for all of them until the 1-2 minutes pass. Then the page resolves again for all pcs and all browser types. So it does not seem to be device or browser sensitive. It sounds like a DNS or server issue. You will only see it in the 1-2 minute window where it fails for us.

Had another instance my Customer Service said it happened to them on 12/20/11 from 11:39-11:42am EST.

What would be interesting is if you set up something to ping the web page every minute or so for a few days and record the percentage of downtime. If it's five minutes or less per day average, that's like 1/10 of a percent. Authorize.net only claims 99.9% uptime, which is probably comparable to everyone else. If it's more than five minutes, on the other hand, then we have a problem.